ASR Group’s companies have more than 150 years of experience taking sugar cane from the field to the table. Our expertise in every aspect of the cane sugar process is without equal. We are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world. Our nine refineries are found in five countries across the globe and collectively can produce more than six million tonnes of sugar. We also own and operate sugar mills in the United States, Mexico and Belize. As an expert in raw sugar procurement, our reach spans more than 40 countries and our network of partners and suppliers has never been stronger. Our brands are leaders in their respective markets. We sell our branded and private label sugars, sweeteners and syrups in the grocery, food service, industrial and pharmaceutical channels in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Asia.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Corporate Engineering (North America and Europe) the successful candidate will have the responsibility to successfully develop and deliver a wide range of engineering projects primarily for our Sidul Lisbon site in Portugal, with special focus on waste water treatment in various applications.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND EXECUTION
- Work with local site management, Plant Manager, the Corporate Engineering team in London and North America and external consultants to develop a varied and complex range of projects for the Sidul site.
- In developing projects, prepare justifications, drawings, and scopes of work and conduct bid walks.
- This position leads and manages projects (start to finish): including construction management, project cost control, cash-flow forecasts, schedules, training, project co-ordination and post-completion reviews.
- Establishes Project Team, facilitates and documents Project team meetings.
- Communicate with all key stakeholders to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Provide regular project status updates and complete the required reporting/information provision to key stakeholders as required.
- Managing portfolio
- Keep current in discipline, assess new technologies and ideas, develop, evaluate, and seek approval for new concepts or equipment to improve efficiency capability.
- Be proficient with AutoCAD and drafting principles
- Ensure liaison with central procurement from the onset to completion on all investigations and projects.
- This is a hands-on role that will require effective interfacing with engineering, operations, suppliers, customers, and OEMs, as well as cross-functional internal teams that may be global in makeup and responsibility.
- Carry out any other additional duties as required within the reasonable scope of the Project department.
LOCATION OF ROLE
Sidul (Portugal) based, with travel to other Group locations as and when required.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Strong project management experience in manufacturing/production environments, with a proven ability in terms of timely project delivery, cost control and stakeholder management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in Waste Water Treatment Plants would be a bonus
- Engineer designing experience important
- Strong Microsoft skills
- AutoCad competence is important
- PMP certification is a plus
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline (BSME/BSEE/BSChE degree)
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, and team skills necessary in working with company personnel, equipment suppliers, contractors and in sharing project information with internal departments.
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player.
- Ability to: motivate, lead, problem solve, influence.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, Excel, Word, Projects).
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification and use of Stage-gate Methodology is preferred.
- Ability to speak with a high level of professionalism and presence to individuals or groups at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to anticipate problems before they occur to eliminate or mitigate issues.
- GMP Practices, Sanitary Design, and OSHA regulations knowledge is a plus.
- Controls and Power System knowledge is a plus (PLCs, Drives, Wonderware, etc.).