This position is based in our Carnaxide (Lisbon) offices and the you will report to the Logistic Data Team Leader EMEA .
MAIN JOB MISSION
- To s Upport Solvay’s Strategy And Ensure The Customer’s Satisfaction In Guarantee the data availability, reliability and consistency, before the transport execution;
- Translate into the Solvay system the transport contracts that have been negotiated by Purchasing;
- Ensure the monitoring of the administrative process associated with the transport (especially the correct calculation of transport costs and Workflow monitoring of the differences within the invoices).
- Create in SAP the contractual terms of the negotiated transport.
Keep up to date pricing and other operational data (Transit team, Lead time, Transportation connection point,…).
- Analyze the differences of the transport costs and costs incurred to zero, proposing corrective actions.
Manage overdue invoices.
- Document the results of Internal Control testing.
- Provide support to the Plants regarding the data associated with transport.
- Develop and maintain updated the operational procedures of the activities linked to the post.
- Propose measures to improve and participate in working groups on projects involving the purchase of transport.
- To be the support of the Purchasing Function within the process of Transport Competition (Tender) ensuring the viability of the SAP system and, if necessary, to be the link with the IS team for the system evolution requests.
- Bachelor’s degree: Supply Chain or Purchasing
- Knowledge domain in information systems (SAP, BW, Microsoft Office (especially Excel), GMail).
- Knowledge of issues related to transport and logistics concepts (role of the different actors, transport contract).
- Expertise in one or more means of transportation (FCL / LCL, FTL / LTL, Rail, Air).
- Knowledge and application of the HSE Group’s policy.
- Strong autonomy: the candidate must be able to make decisions within a predefined context (operational choices, arbitration power, managing exceptional situations).
- Good interpersonal skills: communication skills in French and English on operational and technical issues, but also in the context of a lasting relationship with the customer / supplier (following the service delivery, excluding the negotiator role).
- Previous experience in an operational position in Transport Logistics is required.
- Languages: Good level of English and French