A leading executive search company is searching for a Plant Manager, on behalf of its client.
Our client located in the Center Region of Portugal is searching for an experienced Plant Manager with a proven track record in the Automotive sector. Reporting to the Country Manager in Portugal, this position is responsible for the overall direction and leadership for the facility.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The major duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, leadership, operations management, communication, financial management and the health, safety and well-being of the employees at the facility.
- Lead role in the development of the annual operating plan for the facility and overall responsibility for plant P&L;
- Lead the development of activities to maximize sales, minimizing the costs derived and increasing the productivity of the plant;
- Ensure production meets customer schedules and delivery, while maintaining the highest quality standards and plant operating efficiency;
- Lead the development of operating systems and programs for the plant to support key business objectives which include health & safety, environmental management, continuous improvement, quality initiatives, inventory management, organizational change, and community involvement;
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment, ensuring that appropriate health and safety standards are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with Standards.
Competencies for the position:
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills: quickly able to build rapport and solid working relationships with direct reports, peers, union, hourly and salary staff and community and industry leaders;
- Able to motivate others to express their opinion and take initiative while acting as a role model and coach;
- Demonstration of solid, credible leadership; inspires enthusiasm and a positive attitude, with an ability to drive achievement;
- Superior communication skills: uses clear, articulate and explicit language; persuasive; ability to communicate openly and directly with all levels of the organization;
- Decisive: able to balance the facts with other influencing factors in order to produce solutions that meet the demands of the business; able to make decisions without complete information or in case of ambiguity;
- Demonstrated ability to take calculated risks and develop strategies for risk mitigation;
- Strong management skills: able to set clear expectations, delegate responsibility and drive for goal achievement; ability to plan/prioritize the work of others;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: assesses and evaluates risks; able to identify problems quickly and accurately.
- Degree qualified within engineering
- Proven experience of at least 5 years occupying a position of Plant Manager in the automotive sector
- Must possess a solid understanding of the business, as well as a remarkable knowledge of industrial methods and techniques (Lean, SMED, TPM, etc.)
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is mandatory. Fluency in Spanish and French will be valued