WHO YOU ARE
A dynamic, high-energy and engaging rapport builder who can develop connections with people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences. You truly love working with people, and can provide a positive and optimistic atmosphere on a daily basis. Coming from a fast paced environment, you understand the challenges of the front line staff and can motivate side by side, leading by example. Your work experience may come from retail, consulting, car rental, leisure or tourism. Past accomplishments may include strong individual sales performance and a proven track record in training and coaching. You may have held roles in the past like Assistant Retail Store Manager, Store Supervisor, Retail Store Trainer, Trainee Sales Coach, Assistant Branch Manager, Assistant Station Manager, Duty Supervisor, Team Leader, Assistant Front Desk Manager or perhaps Assistant Guest Relations Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Performance Coach, you will assist the Performance Leadership team with the implementation of the FPG Blueprint, account management, and direct coaching of the frontline team members that will be at car rental locations initially and potentially other client business locations i.e. hotels over time. Utilizing a tactical and hands-on approach, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with the frontline staff, while coaching and training for peak performance.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
- Work in assigned or multiple locations within a territory focused on frontline counter observation, coaching and training.
- Motivate, inspire and engage the frontline agents, while developing their service-based sales abilities
- Provide daily counter demonstrations, interacting with client customers for teaching opportunities
- Assist Performance Leadership team with effectively implementing and following the FPG Blueprint and Roadmaps
- Assist with communication of monthly targets and goal achievement under the direction of the Performance Leaders and Directors
- Lend assistance with monitoring frontline agent performance and holding them accountable for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Performance Managers and Directors, reporting work progress and goal achievements
- May be required to work independently at locations without the supervision of Performance Leaders and Directors
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following minimum qualifications/skills & experience:
- 1+ year of proven performance in sales as well as some experience in training and/or coaching preferred. (Retail, car rental, leisure or tourism industries preferred)
- Have the strong ability to motivate, inspire and bild long lasting relationships with peer, supervisory and client level
- Must be self-motivated and keen to build and develop your own career through constant learning
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make prudent decisions
- Strong team-oriented skills
- Working knowledge of sales reporting systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Required to have the flexibility for extensive travel up to 50% of the time e.g. Faro/Funchal which may involve overnight stays away from home. The “working week” may involve working weekends/public holidays.
- Fluency in English (verbal, written, reading) essential
- Valid driving licence essential
- Employment will be for a limited period of 12 months and renewable subject to performance.