As a Country Operations Manager you will set the strategy for the local business (O&M) activities in Angola and provides leadership to ensure continuous improvement in the operation to maximize revenues, and client satisfaction.
You will be responsible for the overall success of the O&M business in the country measured in relation to mission, key success factors, objectives and profitability of the project. In charge of the management for the overall performance of the plant within the framework of FLS’s O&M priorities, policies and processes. You will define and implement the Plants’ yearly and medium term objectives and plans:
Coordinating and managing the human, material and financial resources to manufacture clinker and cement whilst ensuring Employees’ and contractors’ safety, achieving or exceeding production targets, Quality specifications, and compliance with environmental regulations.
You will also be responsible for optimizing and developing the plants ‘assets’: reserves, equipment, people and image. In line with the Clients and O&M’s expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Based on the global objectives and guidelines given by the Country Manager,
- To lead by example as a role model in, safety, the environmental, teamwork, customer focus and continues improvement.
- Ensure the safety of the Plant and employees, contractors and third parties.
- Ensure that the laws and regulations pertaining to the activity are respected as well as the protection of environment in compliance with standards.
- Ensure that the products meet the relevant quality Standards and specifications defined in the Quality contract.
- Ensure that the production commitments in terms of volumes, deadlines and costs are met.
- Builds strong relations with the client by growing mutual trust, i.e. by ensuring that services are delivered to meet measurements, quality standards and customer satisfaction.
- Ultimate responsibility for compliance with country regulations, FLSmidth group policies and other applicable regulations
- Ensures that proper cost controls are in place by, among others, optimized financial management and procurement practices and by ensuring control of Net Working Capital.
- Assumes full P/L responsibility
- Lead the business planning cycle at site level.
- Set and monitor Plant KPI’s in line with NLS and Client expectations.
- Prepare and submit business reports in line with NLS and Client requirements.
- Formulate the strategic vision of the plant evolution in agreement with the Country Manager and prepare performance improvement plans accordingly.
- Define the Plant Improvement Plan and Budget. Define the Plants’ medium and short-term plans and key objectives.
- Define and implement the relevant organizational changes in the plant, ensure development of key personnel and overall productivity of the workforce.
Important note: Since this position will be based in Angola, it is crucial that you are willing to relocate to Angola.
- To be successful for that role you must have a Superior education (Engineering Degree) + MBA preferable. You have a minimum 10 years of experience in heavy process industry.
- You must have strong and experienced background in senior management including Technical, Process, Finance and HR and Project management understanding.
- You need to have sufficient understanding of technical problems in order to decide appropriate action in the following domains: Safety, Plant Operations, Process, Maintenance, Product Quality, Quality and Environmental Management.
Furthermore you will need to master the following:
- Ability to control and manage a technical management team and motivate.
- Team leadership and resourceful character
- Ability to select, develop and promote staff, employee engagement
- Sense of organization / Delegation
- Results orientation
- Good communications skills, both oral and written. A fluency in English and Portuguese are requested
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic and General Management
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinning
- Persuading and influencing
- Deciding and initiating action
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations