The Reservation Department is responsible for identifying guest needs, assisting guests in effective & efficient manner, converting business, maximising revenue, ensuring complete and accurate update of information in compliance with company policy and strategy
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Revenue driven and able to take decision on his/her own.
- To maintain high level of guest telephone contact skills while promoting the Hotel, our Restaurants, and the Spa through good selling and communication skills.
- To achieve an optimum level of occupancy and average room rate to best yield revenue and to ensure budgeted targets are met.
- To be fully conversant with all market segment and rate plans, together with special rates and packages.
- To maximize room revenues, and create additional revenue, by utilizing effective Upselling techniques.
- To liaise daily with the Reservations and Revenue Manager regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
- To deal with emails, faxes, correspondence, checking guest status (VIP’s, regular guest …), group allocations, and to respond to guest requests on a daily basis.
- To handle customer queries and complaints relating to the Reservations Department.* To complete the Free-sale charts on a weekly basis for companies with rooms on allocation.
- To generate Sales Leads for potential Corporate Accounts.
- To ensure Profiles are maintained, merged and updated on a regular basis to provide accurate Company, Agent and Individual Guest information.
- To maintain the Reservation files in an up to date and accurate manner.
- To work closely with Front Desk and Events to maximize Guest Expectations and Loyalty
To move into this position you should have:
- Must have strong proficiency in speaking, reading & writing English and Portuguese.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the relevant field.
- Relevant exposure within a 5 Star Hotel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Very good skills of Words, excel and similar
- Attention for details
- Excellent administration skills
- Knowledgeable in handling Channel management system, Rate loading in various channels and pricing.
- Able to work under pressure
- Willing to learn & develop
- Able to work on shift basis – days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Must be able to sit 8hrs a day while maintaining a smile and positive attitude
- Must be proactive
ABOUT OUR RESORT
At Europe’s end, the Algarve lies a preserved secret that was fashioned for those that value the serenity of cultured natural surroundings. Amidst Quinta do Lago a piece of heaven with 3 of Europe’s best golf courses, a natural park, 3 km of beaches and 1594 acres of pine trees & lakes rests Monte da Quinta Resort with its manicured gardens and unique hospitality approach. We pride ourselves in creating an experience that is enticing for older & younger generations alike.
The resort offers 132 styled suites on 2 floors, an internationally tinted cuisine, a kids club to treat the little ones, a lounge bar to kick back and indulge in our signature cocktail, a spa for the indulgent, a gym for the active, a business center for the workaholic, a game room for the playful, a pool & a bioorganic swimming pond to cool off in the summer heat.