- Design, implement, troubleshoot and/or debug FPGA based hardware prototyping systems.
- Implement Verilog simulation testcases to verify the developed prototyping system behavior.
- Maintain and run the FPGA design flow from Verilog up to hardware bring-up using Synopsys and Xilinx toolchains
- Integrate Synopsys DesignWare IP cores and boards with DesignWare PHYs into FPGA prototyping systems.
- Write technical documentation and presentations on developed prototyping systems.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Follow standard practices and specific, outlined, and detailed procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Build routine working relationships internally.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A relevant degree in electronic engineering.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- General knowledge base in digital systems and microelectronics generally acquired from a college degree or equivalent course training.
- Knowledge of Verilog hardware description language and verification methodologies.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Knowledge of ASIC and FPGA design flows is desirable.
- Strong desire to learn and explore.
- Previous professional experience is valued but is not required.
- Capability to produce high quality technical documentation.
Site in Porto
Synopsys’ leading DesignWare IP portfolio targeted for the most widely used interfaces such as PCI Express, USB, DDR, SATA, HDMI, MIPI, and Ethernet, is developed in the Digital IP division within Synopsys’ Solutions Group.
Digital IP is staffed with R&D digital design engineers, verification engineers and software engineers, among others based in multiple sites across the world, including the design center in Porto. The company’s extensive Digital IP portfolio allows Synopsys to go beyond the traditional IP supplier paradigm, redefining what is expected from IP providers to help customers achieve successful IP integration with less effort, lower risk, and faster time-to-market.
The IP is licensed to leading semiconductor companies across all major markets, offering high-quality and silicon-proven solutions.