THIS POSITION IS BASED IN PRAGUE, we are happy to consider everyone suitable for the role as long as you are open to relocation to Prague (we can’t consider remote workers).
Are you a great Software Engineer? Do you like working on technology problems which impact people on a global scale? We believe the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace. Microsoft Teams (https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams) is a new product which tackles the toughest challenges in the team collaboration and productivity space, with aggressive timelines and an opportunity to work with teams and technologies across the company and beyond. If you want to work in a startup like environment with the desire to move fast, this may be the team for you.
We are looking for a candidate who can build end to end features and mentor more junior developers. Your responsibilities would include:
- Work with PM and Design to architect and estimate features
- Ensure features are performant, scalable, and diagnosable.
- Build automated tests to prevent regressions.
- Build automated alerts to identify service outages.
Successful candidates should have:
- Significant hands on experience on developing apps for Web Experience building products with Angular, React, TypeScript etc. is a big plus.
- Demonstrated technical ability. Can solve hard technical problems practically. Strong passion for delivering high quality, large scale services.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community.
- Experience with Azure, Exchange, Office 365 services fabric or other large scale services is a big plus.
- Experience in DevOps environments.
- Exceptional problem solving & debugging skills.
- Experience with unit-test, continuous integration and test driven development is a plus.
- As a senior you are also expected to mentor junior members of the team and take more ownership of the systems design part.
One or more of:
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development, Web Development, or related field.
- Very strong coding and development skills with experience in at least one of the following web frameworks: Angular, TypeScript, React, etc.
- Experience with Skype, Exchange, Office 365 services fabric is a plus.
- BS Degree in CS or related engineering field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.