KPMG is a global network of independent member firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We are present in 155 countries, with 162 thousand professionals operating in members firms across the world. In Portugal, KPMG operates in two offices (Lisbon and Oporto) with 40 partners and more than 1000 people. KPMG Angola has seven partners and more than 100 professionals supported by KPMG’s global network and in particular by the Portuguese practice. In order to provide quality services, KPMG aims to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the capital markets. We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer / BPM.
- Defining and implementing the long-term strategy for project management and continuously looking for ways to improve it, according to the agreed client’s expectations;
- Participate in all or most phases of a software delivery project and be able to perform most project tasks, hands-on if necessary;
- Managing multiple team members through analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of the solution;
- Execute and manage resources to ensure projects are completed on time and ensure the successful adoption of deployed technology solutions;
- Structures and prepares complete documents and presentations; Makes sure that tasks and new systems are documented;
- Promote BPM/ODM enablement by giving technological advisory.
- University Degree (Software Engineering or Computer Science preferably);
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as Software Engineer, preferably in IT, Media and/or Telecommunications services;
- Experience in solution architecture / design;
- Experience with JAVA/JAVA EE or other relevant OO languages;
- Mixed profile with strong technical abilities and functional skills, ensuring stakeholder management during process analysis;
- Experience implementing applications in production, knowing what to do and what to avoid to ensure a successful production delivery;
- Experience in several projects with focus on delivery quality;
- High level of communication skills to present, inform and persuade internal and external customers;
- Fluency in English (mandatory);
- Availability to travel;
- Soft-skills will be highly valued;
- Being comfortable in the domains of process modeling, process monitoring, business rules and business event based technologies will be valued;
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, DB2) and ability to design DB schemas and interface with it using ODBC/JDBC.
- Opportunity to work in challenging projects in Portugal and in different locations around the world;
- Integration in a solid company;
- Environment with dynamic teams and innovative projects;
- Constant training that includes the development of skills.