Spencer Ogden – Head of Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
Spencer Ogden has been enlisted exclusively by one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies to search for their next Head of Operations and Maintenance.
The Head of O&M will take responsibility for the O&M of 1000MW of renewable energy assets which derive power from solar, wind, biomass and hydropower energy technologies. This portfolio is set to triple over the coming years and, as such, our client requires a Head of O&M who will be able to support and maintain this ambitious growth plan.
The responsibilities of the Head of O&M are as follows:
- Management of the operations and maintenance for a portfolio of 1000MW of renewable energy assets.
- Management of a team of up to 15 O&M managers across various global locations.
- Maintaining and developing our client’s technical expertise across wind, solar, biomass and hydropower technologies.
- Ensuring O&M managers are able to implement our client’s strategy.
- During high growth conditions, recruiting the key staff that our client’s company will need.
- The effective retention and training of key staff.
- Design and implementation of risk avoidance and mitigation procedures; business and HSE.
- Ensuring excellent service is provided as stipulated in our client’s O&M contracts.
- Client retention through the continued focus on customer satisfaction during the contract period.
- The definition and implementation of a strategy to grow our client’s O&M business, with particular focus on wind technology.
- The O&M Manager will have responsibility for the profitability of all O&M contracts.
- Coordination of internal stakeholders for the efficient execution of O&M services – i.e. technical, commercial and support functions.
- Developing the O&M business unit to be capable of achieving the company’s stated growth strategy.
- Working with the Head of Strategic Business Development to support business growth.
- Directing and helping O&M Managers to assist local sales managers when prospecting and tendering.
- Preperation of country-specific O&M budgets.
Our client is looking for a leader within the renewable energy market. Candidates should have at least ten years’ experience working within management in an O&M capacity within the renewable energy industry.
Some further candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree educated, preferably to masters’ level in an engineering discipline. Further business qualifications such as MBAs will be considered a further advantage.
- Experience with P&L management, as well as a strong track record of success in this regard.
- Excellent experience working within the O&M of renewable energy assets.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a necessity; further European languages are an additional advantage.
- Leadership skills and mentoring ability.
- Excellent organisational capabilities.
- Tenacity and desire to improve.
- Willingness to travel.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-leading renewable energy company. Our client has a well-established business across the world and has ambitious plans grow significantly over the coming years.
Prospective candidates should submit an updated copy of their CV with usable contact details. One of Spencer Ogden’s team of dedicated renewable energy consultants will be in touch to provide you with more information.