Uniplaces is an international, venture backed company, addressing the £400bn global student market by making it easy for millions of students to find and book their accommodation online. As part of our growth strategy, the company is looking for an experienced Salesforce Systems Developer/Administrator to make Uniplaces a truly efficient and process-driven organisation.
Reporting directly to our Business Operations and Strategy Manager, the successful candidate will lead the development of the internal Salesforce Platform, provide support for current utilisation, identify improvement opportunities, propose and implement changes and/or new features to guarantee optimal use of the platform in all operational teams.
- Function as the primary technical resource for all projects and initiatives that plan to leverage, or can benefit from the use of the Salesforce.com platform;
- Research, scope, plan and execute Salesforce.com deployments or new enhancements on an ongoing basis according to best practices of the tool, including creation of custom objects, workflows, Dashboards, validation rules, approval processes, triggers, and email alerts;
- Create and customize new report capabilities to ad hoc reporting requests and provide production support (correction of bugs and fixes) and perform any evolutionary and/or corrective maintenance;
- Research and propose changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce.com and other integrated applications;
- Gather constant and structured feedback from end users and functional leads to optimize the use of Salesforce;
- Train and communicate system changes to the internal customers so they can use Salesforce in the best way possible.
- 2 to 3 years of Salesforce administration experience;
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality;
- Previous re-engineering experience updating an existing Salesforce.com configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows and enhanced functions;
- Proven ability to utilize Salesforce.com as a sales analysis tool;
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC and successful expansion on those capabilities through the use of custom code (Apex, s-controls) and/or integration with external systems;
- Minimum expectation of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
Salesforce.com Administrator certification is a preference.
Personal characteristics & other requirements:
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Team player with positive “Can-do” attitude;
- Strong problem solving skills, data and software applications.