Descrição da vaga
Our Color Additives and Inks (CAI) team is looking for an Account Manager to join their organization. CAI is the world’s leading provider of specialized custom color and additive concentrates in solid and liquid form for thermoplastics, dispersions for thermosets, as well as specialty inks, plastisols, and vinyl slush molding solutions. Our activities supporting the global automotive industry are expanding and the position of Industry Manager – Automotive is newly created to drive our development in this market.
The Account Manager is part of a dynamic team reporting to the Regional Sales Manager (Spain). Ideally based in or near Oporto or Galicia, you will partner with and ensure the long-term success of our customers in Galicia, Palencia and Portugal. As the principal contact for customers and sales prospects, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of sales revenue at a select list of approximately 40 accounts within Spain and Portugal. This includes making regular assessments of the company’s market position and then implementing sales and marketing initiatives under the direction of the Sales Manager.
Expectations include the ability to sell at all levels of management and build relationships that ensure PolyOne will continue to get the first and last look. Skilled at customer centric selling approaches and effectively selling the value of our products and services are also keys to success. Ability to function independently and effectively coaching matrix personnel in other disciplines and business units to achieve results. Individual must have the ability to assist customers in problem solving to deliver solutions, bring energy, enthusiasm and professionalism to their daily routines. This role requires the individual to perform the function independently without direction; and effectively interact and influence at the managerial peer level.
This is a great opportunity to build upon you proven track record of growing a business through your leadership and assisting customers in problem solving to deliver solutions.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Oporto (Portugal)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop sales. Spearhead sales initiatives including the development of account plans for the top existing accounts and the development of new accounts (prospects).
- Conduct regular customer visits, make regular sales calls, and interface with customer representatives at industry events, suppliers’ local organizations and partners, conferences and trade shows, etc. (up to 75% of travel required).
- Address customer inquiries, providing immediate answers and a superior level of responsiveness in all aspects.
- This includes the willingness and eagerness of the job holder to learn and master technical questions.
- Monitor and assess market trends (including competitors) and help the Area Sales Manager (Spain) to project the company’s forward position based on trends and product position.
- Assess product-market fit of portfolio and contribute to the optimization and management of marketing mix of CAI offerings.
- Ensure day to day and tactical sales programs are implemented, as well as product pricing.
- Focus on further profitable growth: personal commitment for sales and marketing projects and for development projects
- Actively participate in trade shows and in their preparation.
- Manage the budgeting/forecasting of sales for customer accounts on an annual basis, including the monitoring of budget targets. Identify target deviations and recommend/initiate countermeasures.
- Maintain regular reports: visit reports, SalesForce.com, monthly overviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Chemistry, or polymer-sciences related degree.
- 5+ years of relevant sales and/or marketing experience with demonstrated success in sales development
- Ability to apply complex analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Superior technical skills associated with polymer resins, processing and performance characteristics
- Strong business acumen in order to be able to identify opportunities, assemble creative sales programs and demonstrate competitive advantage
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Well developed negotiation and influence skills
- Well developed communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of accounting practices
- Experience and familiarity with the specialty engineered materials industry an asset.
- MS Office, SAP and Salesforce.com