Are you looking to start your career in software sales?
Does building a dynamic career, in the technology industry, at the epicenter of OutSystem’s global organization interest you?
If you are an overachiever and fearless to take on new challenges using your technical and communication skills, consider joining our growing team. Reporting to the Sales Development Manager, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for proactively and diligently identifying, developing, and driving new revenue opportunities with prospects inside OutSystems’ total available market of identified Target Accounts, and will act as the first contact for prospects during outbound telemarketing calls.
This is an opportunistic market, which is continually expanding, and this person funnels that demand into actionable sales opportunities to produce quality leads for the Regional Sales Executives.
The SDR is responsible for meeting sales pipeline targets in their assigned territory; the SDR position is not a closing role.
This role is based in Portugal, Lisbon, supporting the Benelux area. For the right person, relocation assistance to Lisbon will be provided.
- Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for:
- 2+ years experience in telephonic sales for a software/IT company
- Identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in the Benelux area (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg).
- Manage the inbound & outbound lead activity, qualifies active buying interest and moves them through the sales process.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing executives to determine the geographic and/or vertical markets that require research and prospecting activities to secure a sufficient flow of additional qualified leads.
- Develop a strong, professional relationship with prospective clients and to ensure they have an exceptional experience with OutSystems to set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future sales.
- To develop, educate and qualify inbound & outbound leads in targeted geographic and vertical markets in order to provide sales with well-qualified leads and set sales appointments.
- Become knowledgeable about OutSystems platform services and solutions as well as the unique client requirements in each of our strategic vertical markets. Manage various social media tools for inbound & outbound prospect development.
- Interact with prospects via telephone, email and social media.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Consistently achieve sales qualified opportunity (SQO) quotas to ensure revenue objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Sales or demand generation experience is ideal, but the drive to learn and develop a track record of success is just as important as achieving and exceeding quota or goals measured in calls/day, appointments/week, qualification of opportunities, etc;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Mandatory fluency in Dutch, and UK English (French also a plus)
- Understanding of the IT industry with a background of prospecting to IT decision makers;
- Outstanding communicator via phone and email to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Strong cold calling skills with ability to maintain high volume of outbound calls per day/week/month;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WebEx or similar web conferencing product, and CRM or sales management tools (salesforce.com preferred);
- Passion for the technology industry, or the passion to get into the technology industry.
NOTE: Please, don’t apply if you are not fluent in both Dutch and UK English.