Black & White is a Farfetch business unit that has the mission to be a full-service agency providing end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively for luxury fashion brands. We pride ourselves on delivering world class client service, from project management of the website build and maintenance through to ongoing e-commerce consultancy. The team is still in its infancy, but there is amazing momentum and it’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
In this role you will integrate an Agile team, working closely with a Development Engineer team, User Experience and Digital Designers, helping delivering world-class web interfaces by using a front-end technology stack, thereby ensuring the success for our Black&White clients.
- Best practices using clean code and web standards guidelines;
- Create engaging interfaces with well thought out behaviors;
- Quality driven and detailed oriented;
- Be able to translate wireframes and designs provided by the UI/UX team into pixel perfect functional interfaces;
- Understanding of the full development lifecycle with emphasis on front end developing;
- Eye for Design and User Experience sensibility a plus;
- Creative mind, open to ideas and capable to work with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Passion for solving large-scale engineering challenges;
- Dedication to completion projects on time;
- Helping the UI team evolve, sharing and experimenting new ideas and technologies;
- Desire to learn.
Key skills and experience
- Proficiency in HTML5 syntax;
- Write efficient CSS;
- Performance profiling a plus;
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility;
- Knowledge of SEO and accessibility a plus;
- Problem-solving and proactive attitude.