Primary Function of Position:
The Commercial Distribution Director for Spain, Portugal & Italy is responsible for establishing, developing and supporting the assigned Distributor network. This involves becoming an expert in Intuitive Surgical commercial operations, sales processes, use of surgical robotics and build high-performing teams that establishes mutually beneficial distributor relationships. The position requires a number of capabilities including leadership competencies, clinical competencies, and a broad network within the surgical space, with commercial acumen. She/he is expected to provide an extraordinary degree of communication, collaboration and information gathering while presenting solutions to Distributor Principles and Intuitive Surgical Leadership team.
Roles And Responsibilities
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Teach distributors all aspects of clinical business, procedures and capital sales process.
- Ensure distributors develop a business plan which includes (quarterly) system and procedure targets to achieve or exceed goals set by senior management.
- Organize annual business planning meetings and quarterly business reviews with distribution partners with the appropriate planning and follow up communication.
- Organize and coordinate surgeon training activities utilizing the Technical Training Pathway (TTP).
- Develop regional market access and marketing strategy to support the adoption of da Vinci surgery.
- Conduct regular “field visits” in coordination with distributor representatives to understand market dynamics, provide coaching and bring value to customers to support the adoption of da Vinci surgery.
- Provide distributors’ representatives with new and existing product information, and assist them during initial launch and utilization of new products.
- Supervise and assist distributor personnel with their operational activities including procedure coverage at hospitals, weekly reporting accuracy, and weekly forecasting.
- Develop National and Regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), reference and epicenters.
- Review and propose Intuitive Surgical presence in national congresses and symposiums.
- P&L responsibility with an unwavering ethical business attitude.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in senior level Sales and Marketing positions in the medical device industry including distribution network management.
- Ability to take a thorough understanding of market, trends, technology and opportunities in the geographical region converting it to activities that increase business success.
- Strong leadership skills with deep business acumen
- Outstanding and natural business ethics
- Deep understanding of the culture, customs and traditions of the country under responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in business or medical related field required, advanced degree strongly preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish (Italian preferred)
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- The position is based in Spain