Technologies that provide better fuel economy, reduced emissions and great performance – BorgWarner makes it possible. As a leading automotive supplier, we develop innovative powertrain solutions. Our products can be found in efficient gasoline, clean diesel, hybrid and pure electric vehicles as well as in commercial and on/off-highway applications. Through our ongoing commitment to innovation, BorgWarner delivers environmentally-friendly solutions that improve driving comfort, performance and reliability.
BorgWarner Emissions Systems is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of state-of-the-art emissions control systems, ignition systems, diesel cold-start technology and PTC cabin heaters for passenger cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles around the world.
This Product Line Controller position will provide finance leadership to the Viana plant Product Line organization . Reporting to Plant Controller, this position will be based in Viana do Castelo.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, update and manage VCT standard cost systems
- Using product line financials and other cost reporting, work with Product Line Manager to achieve targeted levels of profitability including participation in cost reduction programs for the product line.
- Insure that all systems (cost and operational) provide accurate, timely and meaningful data (ABC, Balanced Scorecard, standard cost variances, etc.) for management action and decision making.
- Work with quoting analyst to develop quote responses that will ensure future long term profitable growth for the VCT product line.
- Provide early warning on all business trends that affect the performance of the business including P&L issues, balance sheet issues, cash flow issues and operational issues.
- Responsible, along with other Product Line Controllers, for inventory valuation and yearly physical inventory.
- Act as MRP liaison for Financial Department to Materials and IT Group.
- Participate in overall management and leadership of the business.
- Maintain existing, and any newly required, internal controls and procedures related to inventory, cost and related systems.
- Responsible for developing the financial business case supporting any investment into the product line.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Economics or Management, MBA a plus
- Minimum 6 years of business experience with a track record of increasing responsibility.
- Broad financial background with experience in cost accounting, budgeting and strategic planning, cost estimating, GAAP, and internal controls.
- Broad business experience preferably within the automotive industry.
- Experience with SAP
- English spoken and written
- Proficiency level Portuguese (spoken and written)