The Business Excellence & Operations Lead is focused on Business Excellence for the Enterprise Services Business activities reporting to the Subsidiary Service Lead. This role serves as the trusted advisor to Services Leadership Team in the Subsidiary for all areas related to Business Excellence, and reacts to the ongoing needs of our sales, delivery and management staff enabling the business to operate profitably, efficiently and in compliance end-to-end.
The BEO Lead in a specific Subsidiary participate to a larger community of peers in an Area and he/she reports in dotted line to the Area BEO Lead in order to ensure strategic coordination and alignment across the Area. The BEO Lead must also work in great synergy with the Area Operations Manager in the ROC, responsible for all the “Order to Cash” related activities to ensure smooth execution of operational activities that are fundamental to business continuity and compliance.
The BEO provides a single focal point for the following activities:
- Responsible for providing strategic leadership to a team of FTEs and vendors with varied backgrounds, to ensure that commitments and tasks are aligned with the overall strategies of the Services subsidiary, EMEA and Corp HQ
- Ensures that training plans are maintained for the group that fosters career development and ongoing development of technical and business skills among the group
- Responsible for driving continuous process improvement across his/her group
- Ensures internal and local processes and policies are being adhered to
- Audit, highlight exceptions and drive remediation plan
- Drives objectives and support for Sales Excellence and Delivery Excellence processes and best practices.
- Support quota setting
- RBI related reconciliations and special-funding calculations.
- Analyses & defines local business process & tool requirements, and collaborating with EMEA TZ and Corp HQ teams to ensure local needs are understood and met.
- Maintain program management in analysing, defining & representing business requirements to EMEA TZ and Corp HQ teams to ensure Subsidiary needs are understood and met.
- Reacting to the ongoing needs of our sales, delivery and management staff.
- Seek opportunities to bring about ongoing improvement in business operating procedures and practices.
- Supports practice needs in facilitating readiness and enabling managers to ramp-up their new-hires on all processes & policies.
- Provides meaningful business insights and management reporting through analysis of data and trends.
- Serve as subject matter experts and primary escalation point to ensure data quality and local needs are represented in our systems.
- Enables and supports Rhythm of the Business RoB reviews (WBU, MBU, QBU, MYR) by providing business-related performance insights to Services Management.
- Supports planning and budgeting activities by providing business data.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key business partners outside of the local Services org (such as HQ, C&C, RoC, EPG, BMO); these partnerships would drive point for improvements, escalations, and initiating change management activities.
- Depending on the WE Services organization or business environment, certain additional responsibilities may be necessary, such as: administrative tasks (logistics for events, arranging trainings, security clearances), data capture for contracting, documentation of local processes, financial/pipeline/performance analysis and localized reporting needs, assistance with resource management, assistance with revenue recognition/billing & accruals, sales tool support (CRM) and pipeline development and reporting activities.
Primary Job Functions
Business Excellence and Strategic Leadership:
- Constant and ongoing improvement of Business Excellence processes
- Analyse processes for inefficiencies / barriers to excellence, and recommend improvements
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Operations Center (ROC) to improve transaction efficiency. Maintain close relationship with area HQ to understand changes that affect the business.
Audit & Policy Compliance:
- Ensure all teams understand and comply with all policies pertaining to their role (including sales and delivery policies, e.g. ESAP)
- Monthly report to local services, sales and delivery mgmt of all non-compliance to facilitate creation of remediation and action plan
- During internal/external audit, collect all necessary support documentation/material/evidences and collaborate with auditors to effect smooth audit
- Support and enable Delivery Excellence by providing delivery-related performance insights to Delivery teams thru standard reports (MCS revenue reconciliation, BIF reconciliation)
- Support all month end close activities (revenue recognition adjustments, engagements issues, BIF´s recognition)
- Monitoring of Operations team MCS and Premier Backoffice support
Process & Tools:
- Ensure all teams understand and adhere to all processes pertaining to their role and use all std tools correctly (example: Compass, Clarify, Chronos, Changepoint)
- Analysing & defining local business process & tool requirements, and collaborating with Area HQ teams to ensure local needs are understood and met
- Providing inputs, suggestions, feedback for process & tool design / functionality (shaping)
- Ongoing business improvement through best practices, refining & optimizing processes & existing business practices to realize further efficiencies
- Driving implementation, adoption and change mgmt (landing) of new processes, tools & reports
- Managing SLA with ROC
- Analysing, defining & representing local business requirements to Corporate, Regional and/or Area HQ teams to ensure local needs are understood and met
- Providing inputs, suggestions, feedback for initiative/program design (shaping)
- Driving implementation, adoption and change mgmt (landing) of new programs
- Driving strong alignment with the area teams
Readiness and other Business Support:
- Support people managers to ramp-up their new-hires on all processes & policies
- Drive awareness amongst roles about existing end-user training, process material, guides and learning roadmaps that affect their roles
- Security clearance and similar coordination with local legal team
Reporting & Data Analytics:
- Enable Business Excellence by providing business-related performance insights to Services Mgmt thru standard reports
- Analysing & defining local business reporting requirements, and collaborating with Corporate, Regional and Area HQ teams to ensure local needs are understood and met
- Services Dashboard (Delivery, Architects & TAMs)
RoB & Planning:
- Enable and support RoB reviews (WBU, MBU, QBU, MYR) by providing business-related performance insights to Services Mgmt thru standard reports
- Enable and support FY planning / budgeting by providing business-related performance insights to Services Mgmt thru standard reports
- Enable Sales Excellence by providing sales performance insights to Sales teams thru standard reports (Services Sales Attainment & Forecast
- Arrange financial guarantees during bid / public tenders support
- Support sales during quota setting, and RBI related reconciliation / adjustments to ensure correct comp payouts
- Pipeline Health & Data Quality; Pipeline Coverage
- Services Sales Benchmark Analysis & Conclusions
- Priority Areas Analysis & Reporting
3 – 5 years of related experience
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- Impact and Influence
- Developing People
- Enabling Change
- Optimizing Resources & Budgets
- Setting Goals and Expectations
- Interpersonal Awareness
Operations Specific Competencies:
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Project/ Program Management
- Strategic Insight
- Strategic Prioritization
- Global Insight
- Global Process Management
Technical /Functional Skills:
- Subject matter expertise with business software (databases, Excel) is desired.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.