As a Senior Software Engineer for the Development Business Unit team, you will join the group responsible for architecting, developing and deploying a specific product.
Responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team. Contributes to product features and design discussions.
- Providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and
- Establish automated build and deployment pipelines;
- Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 3-5;
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios;
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project;
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance;
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness;
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar;
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software engineering;
- Fluency in English written and spoken (mandatory);
- Experience and technical skills in architecture patterns, solutions design and web application performance;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Experience developing and deploying micro services on both cloud and on-premises environments;
- Review implementations and encourage sound design principles while remaining practical, security minded and deadline driven;
- Customer Orientation and Interpersonal Skills;
- High level of creativity and ability to think-out-of-the-box;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes;
- Experience in Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members;
- Foster innovation, collaboration, and teamwork both intra and inter team;
- Effectively balances different, competing objectives;
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community.