What’s it about?
The CPG Sales Director is responsible for leading the commercialisation of the sales data to CPG Suppliers and providing support services that help drive mutually beneficial value to both Suppliers and the client.
What you’ll be doing:
The strategic accountabilities are:
- Lead, manage and shape supplier services to the clients CPG suppliers Build and maintain the CPG client base in line with budget expectations.
- Oversee all elements of the CPG team including; sales, finance, account management, delivery, Self Serve training and helpdesk Develop team capabilities and grow the width of the CPG proposition.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the retail market, the commercial environment and drivers of business performance
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders at the client and drive the engagement strategy with CPG Suppliers.
- Act as a conduit between CPG suppliers and key teams within the client, like Category Management Merchandising team and Procurement.
The main day-to-day accountabilities are:
- Act as a trusted adviser and main point of contact to senior CPG contacts and key stakeholders within the client.
- Manage and drive the CPG sales pipeline in partnership with the client providing accurate and up-to-date forecasting and revenue tracking Closing annual Self Serve contracts and negotiation of renewals
- Ensure CPG feedback is regularly shared key stakeholders and that any issues are overcome and opportunities are realised
- Oversee the sales and delivery of adhoc analysis projects to CPG’s Ownership of legal contracts with Suppliers i.e. Self Serve agreements
- Oversee the delivery and development of Self Serve training and support desk Coach and develop the CPG team to deliver high standards client service and delivery throughout all functions
What we would like you to have:
- Significant length of experience of working in category management, marketing or sales function in a CPG manufacturer or a combination of CPG & continuous data agency, supplying retail analysis.
- Educated to bachelor degree level or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of category management processes and the application of customer level data.
- Previous experience of owning and delivering on sales targets
- Understanding of insight software and services and targeted database marketing principles and related media platforms
- Strong team management skills
- Tenacious in the pursuit of a sales target
- Enjoys developing and leading the launch of services with a retailer
- Detailed orientated, process driven and an excellent Project Manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good client liaison skills – able to work collaboratively and in partnership to deliver high quality services
- Passionate about the execution of ideas
- Self-motivated, energetic and driven
- Robust and unflappable