Oracle, the world’s premier database company, is hiring expert engineering staff for MySQL – the world’s most popular open source database because of its consistent fast performance, high reliability and ease of use. MySQL engineering organization is highly technical team spread across different geographies and strives for excellence and high quality in day-to-day work processes
The system QA team is part of MySQL engineering and performs critical functions in the organization. We are looking for a top notch system testing expert to join our team of talented engineers. As a member of the highly talented system QA team you will have opportunities to
Work on various testing projects projects along side talented group of people across different geographies
To innovate and find creative approaches to problem solving.
Learn and grow your skills and apply these skills in your day-day work
- Develop, implement and maintain automated new tests and test framework as needed using programming languages like Perl, Java.
- Perform white box and black box API testing
- Run regression tests on MySQL products across a range of hardware and systems
- Analyze, Investigate, document and communicate test results in timely fashionMeasure performance, scalability, and fault tolerance of MySQL products
- Report and verify bugs as required, work with developers to help in analyzing results
- Collaborate as needed, with other engineers located in different locations to identify new areas of testing and design and implement tests as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record of independently running load/stress/performance testing, measuring scalability and tolerance of database products like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL server
- Experience in White box testing of software
- Should have track record in analyzing complicated issues and determining regressions for RDBMS in complex settings.
- Excellent understanding of Linux and/or Windows OS, with experience in using
- Experience in developing test suites using languages like Perl, Python and/or Java
Understand C/C++ code
- Self starter, Work independently and remotely with very limited supervision in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Some DBA knowledge and/or experience in developing database applicationsExperience with open source development tools and environments
Years of Experience
5-7 years of hands-on testing experience in database or related products
Minimum Level of Education
BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree)