Technologies that provide better fuel economy, reduced emissions and great performance – BorgWarner makes it possible. As a leading automotive supplier, we develop innovative powertrain solutions. Our products can be found in efficient gasoline, clean diesel, hybrid and pure electric vehicles as well as in commercial and on/off-highway applications. Through our ongoing commitment to innovation, BorgWarner delivers environmentally-friendly solutions that improve driving comfort, performance and reliability.
BorgWarner Emissions Systems is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of state-of-the-art emissions control systems, ignition systems, diesel cold-start technology and PTC cabin heaters for passenger cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles around the world.
We are currently recruiting for a EGR Systems Applications Engineer at the Viana Plant to further strengthen our existing team.This engineering position ris part of Applications Engineering Manager team.
Position Summary, Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates, develops or adapts Product Design concepts based on internal standards, calculations, trials, measurements, bench tests, CAE simulations, process methods or inputs from customers.
Checks and releases 2D drawings and 3D models within the associated project or product under serial production.
- Establishes Interface with Customer for Product and Specifications definition.
- Participates in the Validation Plan definition throughout the Project implementation, establishing the interface with Customer for product validation.
- Responsible for presenting product analysis results to internal and external project customers.
- Leads the DFMEA release and establishes the Product Special Characteristics definition.
- Coordinates the Planning and production of Prototype Samples.
- Creates and participates on the release of the Prototype Control Plan.
- Can coordinate Prototype Production Cost Calculation.
- Can coordinate the Project Development and Project team up to Industrialization Kick off.
- Creates or participates on Product Engineering Standards releases.
- Defines the Product Special Characteristics for individual components.
- Will require materials selection, standards use and tolerance definition for casted, machined, bent or stamped components.
- Technically assists the Production Plants within the scope of the products under serial production, for any required change due to product design correction, upgrade, or cost reduction.
- Scope of responsibility will include a wide range of difficult and complex problems.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of organization, method, accuracy, and a good understanding of manufacturing processes and tolerances.
- Applies new analysis technologies as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility for the performance of the quality system and standards.
- Work is requested and completed with moderate decision making.
- Teamwork – Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 years of experience as Product engineer in Automotive Industry – Engine components
- 4 years of experience as project Manager in Automotive Industry – Engine components
- English spoken and written
- Proficiency level Portuguese (spoken and written)
- Preferable German or Italian, spoken and written
Nice to have
- EGR Systems knowledge
- Stamped or casted components design knowledge
- APQP knowledge
- SAP knowledge (user perspective)
- action oriented
- costumer focus
- timely decision making
- decision quality
- Ethics and values
- Functional/technical Skills
- organizational agility
- priority setting
- problem solving