The linux System Engineer is responsible for running some of the world’s largest stock and derivative exchanges. The System Engineer carry out a number of processes to ensure Euronext system infrastructure operates in the most effective and reliable manner.
This includes operational reviews, and liaison with key suppliers such as HP, RedHat…
The engineer will work closely with the front-line Service Ops team who will provide a level 1 of System monitoring and Operations.
The Linux Engineer provides second line support of all System infrastructure solutions for Euronext. This includes carrying an important voice on aspects of implementation, testing, performance and operation.
The Linux engineer participates in the design and conceptualisation phase in collaboration with the Solution team in Paris. This initiative is required to be in phase with the operational environment and improve the Infrastructure As A Service model.
The role involves being a technical interface with System suppliers for operational and maintenance.
- Systems Engineer provide 24x7x365 quality expert support for critical trading infrastructure including storage and backup platforms via both onsite and on-call. O/S platforms include Linux running on various hardware platforms.
- The candidate should have gained good knowledge supporting or engineering production environments with 3+ years working in an systems role.
- The role will have an element of process improvement, re-engineering and root-cause analysis/resolution.
- The role will involve managing and executing large scale maintenance and improvement projects.
- Test plan development
- Ownership and maintenance of system monitoring platform.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- 3+ Years Linux/Unix support or engineering, capable of providing 2nd line Systems support.
- Ability to provide out of hours support as part of an on-call rota, and cover market hours (7am-7pm) in the office.
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent Client and inter-team communication skills.
- Ability to keep calm and perform to the highest standard under pressure.
- Experience in the financial sector
- VMware, Vsphere
- Storage Technologies
- Scripting experience in one or more of Python/Shell/Perl/Ruby languages
- Network build/management systems, preferably RHN Satellite
- Configuration Management systems, preferably Ansible and PUPPET
- Enterprise Monitoring, preferably Nagios
- Clustering, preferably VCS and Pacemaker
- Knowledge of DNS, SSH, SNMP, NTP. TCP/IP
· Experience of Storage Technologies, preferably 3PAR
- Experience of Veritas Netbackup
- We respect and value the people we work with
- We are unified through a common purpose
- We embrace diversity and strive for inclusion
- We value transparency, communicate honestly and share information openly
- We act with integrity in everything we do
- We don’t hide our mistakes, and we learn from them
- We act with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- We are adaptable, responsive and embrace change
- We take smart risks
- We are positively driven to make a difference and challenge the status quo
- We focus on and encourage personal leadership
- We motivate each other with our ambition
- We deliver maximum value to our customers and stakeholders
- We take ownership and are accountable for the outcome
- We reward and celebrate performance