To drive sales growth and market share by developing and leading a coordinated plan to create value for the customer organisation and deriving profitable growth across the ResMed product portfolio of Sleep Devices, Diagnostics, Patient Interface and Ventilation via accredited distributors. Increase the brand awareness of ResMed products throughout the specified region of Portugal. Consistently working to meet and striving to exceed business objectives.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the profitable growth of the ResMed portfolio in designated distributor accounts (incorporating Sleep Devices, Diagnostics, Patient interface and Respiratory Care).
- Builds the ‘Account Plan’ which defines the resources and capabilities required to deliver both customer and ResMed objectives.
- Identifies and assesses new business opportunities with new and existing partners. Successfully executes and implements business plans.
- Achieves quarterly sales targets set for the region in Sleep Disordered Breathing, Diagnostics, Patient Interface and Ventilation products.
- Monitors competitor products and commercial activities in order to inform account plans and build competitive intelligence.
- Reports on a monthly and quarterly basis on sales, market share, competitor activity and products. Providing detailed analysis on trends, opportunities and threats within the market.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of marketing strategies throughout the region as agreed with the Country Manager Portugal and the Commercial Director, Iberias.
- Organises and implements training and educational programmes for Hospitals with the aim of driving patient referrals for ResMed products and increasing ResMed’s market presence.
- Develops strong relationships with Doctors and Key Opinion Leaders building autonomous relationships with them grounded in transparency and partnership.
- Proactively promotes the ResMed brand to drive referrals in relation to Sleep Disordered Breathing, Ventilation and Cardiology.
- Constantly works to develop clinical and technical knowledge to enhance effectiveness within role and credibility; proving that ResMed is a leader in the field in both product and service.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Position Specific Skills/Behaviours
- Fluent in Portuguese and English with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent financial, commercial and organisational skills.
- Highly adaptable to meet the changing needs of the business environment.
- Ability to use initiative to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Acts professionally and develops productive business relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm to learn and to be part of a high performing team.
- Determined, results focused, self motivated.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as a minimum.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable sustained sales success within a healthcare environment. Strong business background with proven track record and delivery of results.
- Degree or equivalent.
- A proven sales track record with experience in the field.
- Background in Sleep Disordered Breathing and ventilation medicine.