Rockport started in 1971. A father and son took footwear into their own hands, creating the first ever casual shoe infused with sports technology. Today, The Rockport Group is home to Rockport, Cobb Hill, Avaron and Dunham, an impressive collection of men’s and women’s brands that offer their customers only the best in fit, technology and comfort. With an ambitious project, Rockport will center their finance operations in Lisbon that will support all the operations in Europe.
- The Finance Manager will report to the International Finance Director and will lead a team of 5 people. His/her main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for finance service and issue resolution of accounting, tax, cash flow management for The
- Rockport Group in Western Europe;
- Oversee and Manage budgeting and forecasting process for Western Europe;
- Monthly Closing of books for 5 subsidiaries, Local GAAP;
- Review monthly results and provide qualitative and quantitative analysis to local stakeholders and Group Finance;
- Actively manage the differences between US GAAP, local GAAP and statuary reporting of the respective country;
- Prepare and deliver the local tax reporting to the respective authorities;
- Assist with the implementation for new ERP from a finance standpoint including testing, go live and stabilization;
- Build and manage a staff responsible for AR, AP, Credit Management, , General Accounting, Retail Accounting and Controlling for Western Europe;
- Ensure accuracy and timely preparation of financial statement;
- Partner with the Country Managers to provide financial guidance for operational activities and long term strategic goals;
- Work with Inventory Operations team on inventory management and Open to Buy Forecast Process.
- We are looking for candidates with required profile:
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or adequate education;
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the area of accounting, Finance Manager role;
- Experience in working in a Shared Service Centre, is a plus;
- Experience in working with start-up of finance operations;
- Experience working in an international company;
- Solid accounting knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP;
- Experience with Budgeting/Forecasting and Strategic planning scenarios;
- Complete familiarity with Microsoft office or equivalent tools;
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- SAP experience a plus.
For all successful candidates this position offers:
Competitive salary and benefits package and excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team!