This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong entrepreneurial desires to step into a position with a functioning product and a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem in place.
The approprite individual will work within the new Health accelarator, Healthcare City, in Lisbon, Portugal. They will have a desk there and interact with members from other teams associated with the accelarator as well as partners, including clinical and business associates.
It is expected that the position is initially part time. Knowledge of Portugese is critical.
General description: Combination BD, Program Manager, Medical Affairs with experience/knowledge of the healthcare system. Must interact with the rest of NIESM’s global team (US, UK , Australia and soon Singapore) Good communicative skills. Willing to learn the startup world and everything that comes along with it.
- High energy and hardworking is essential.
- Willingness to work out of your comfort zone.
- Previous entrepreneurial or startup experience is a plus.
- Hunger to learn.
- Constantly looking for new opportunities.
- Communication skills – ability to interact with people you don’t know or are knowledgeable in areas you are unfamiliar is essential. Good speaker in one on ones, small groups and willingness to present at national and international meetings.
- Team player – works with the rest of the NIESM global team to make sure that strategies are aligned globally and that there is agreement in terms of execution. Regular communication with NIESM CEO and joint phone calls with other management team members.
- Healthcare – some degree of knowledge of healthcare is preferred or an experienced entrepreneur who is ready, willing and able to learn. Expertise in epilepsy/neuro is not essential.
- Technology – IT knowledge is desirable but not necessary. Hardware is a plus. Processes of technology integration is a plus.
- Business Development – ability to find new opportunities. Ability to interact with clinicians (not easy), insurers, tech companies, investors is an essential (most important) function. Experience is good or people that are open and learning.
- Manage programs that he/she has initiated.
- Work towards setting up a team in the future.
Salary and titles are negotiable.