Followprice helps online shoppers find the right time to buy their favorite products, and gives a universal solution to find the most amazing products with great deals from hundreds of stores, suggested by the community and tailored to the shoppers’ experience. Followprice’s goal is to be the number one solution on e-commerce to save and follow products that shoppers wish for.
- We are looking for an experienced engineer that has a track record of working with other team members to deliver exceptional results while applying the best practices to the development of our product.
- You will be working with our team in designing and implementing a robust and scalable Web platform to handle a large volume of transactions from our customers around the globe. Your primary focus will be on architecting appropriate Web solutions and implementing their server-side components, while ensuring performance and reliability on the front-end. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other team members in the design, architecture and development of our product and new projects.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Work in an agile environment applying the best software engineering practices (dev/staging/production release cycle, automated testing, continuous deployment)
- Solve scalability issues and be part of the incremental development of our solution
- Coach other team members
Skills and qualifications
- Over 3 years of experience working as a software engineer developing projects with demanding requirements.
- Experience with software testing, TDD is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of Web technologies and protocols – HTTP/S, HTML5, CSS3 – to ensure proper integration between our frontend components and the server-side.
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable Web application, and of common software design patterns (MVC, SOA, SPA, OOP).
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (PostgreSQL and Redis are a plus)
- Degree in Computer Engineering (or equivalent).
- New MacBook
- Opportunities and funding to attend and speak at conferences
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary
- Open vacation policy
- Free caffeine and snacks