We are looking for a Computer Engineer (PhD) keen to work with large-scale high-load projects. The candidate will be responsible to create and manage the E-goi research center in order to innovate new concepts and hopefully bring birth to new projects and products or companies. You’ll be part of a young, dynamic, multicultural, super-cool dev team welcoming your voice and input while making a bridge with the academic world. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be supported. You’ll be given a real chance to grow within the company. And you’ll make a difference in getting people worldwide to engage one-on-one with their favourite brands.
What we expect from you:
- Enthusiastic, goal-focused and with excellent communication skills (ie, a cool fellow 🙂
- Good ability for algorithm-based thinking and solving (mandatory).
- Ability to work with the Agile environment.
- Knowledge of REST API architecture.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications.
- Develop prototypes and create robust high-volume production applications.
- Play a central role in improving product quality to increase user engagement.
- Define key success metrics for site quality; collect and analyze user log data to calculate these metrics; design and run A/B tests to improve these key metrics.
- Work in a collaborative team with designers, front-end engineers, and back-end engineers to bring new ideas to reality
- Implement reusable, efficient and maintainable software component using main stream programming languages;
- Contribute to the development of innovative concepts and their implementation.
- Incubate innovative concepts and develop innovative concepts and their implementation and publication in journals.
- Git lover.
- PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Current student majoring in a PhD program in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Engineering.
- Large scale systems design experience with knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Solid research background and experience in analysis algorithms
- Current knowledge of research literature in Computer Vision with a history of publication in the field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Probability, Statistics, and Data Mining.
- Knowledge on formal software development processes and understanding of software architecture specifications.
- Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Nice To Have:
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Research experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Networking, or Systems.
- Experience with Search, Recommendation, Advertising, and Personalization Systems.
- Experience with Map-Reduce computing system such as Hadoop.
- Company goal bonuses.
- Individual performance bonuses.
- Free food and drinks (coffee, tea, soup, bread, milk, fruit, yogurt, cornflakes).
- Playroom (ping-pong; foosball; Xbox; Wii).
- Exercise classes and sports activities.
- Flexibility to accomodate your workplace needs – provide whatever you need to work better!