Colt Premium Network Services is an innovative and proactive customer solution technical support team based in Lisbon, Frankfurt and Barcelona that delivers quality services for our customers. Our customers are high profile industry leaders in finance, legal, media amongst others. Premium Network Services has an exciting new opportunity for an IP Engineer to join their new team in Lisbon.
You will be responsible for delivering a first class service for our solutions customers as part of our new Premium Network Services support team in Lisbon. You will work within a team of highly experienced customer supporting engineers, with full responsibility for resolving customer faults and problems occurring on Colt’s Optical and Ethernet as well as IP products and services. This includes end-to-end ownership, co-ordination and management of tasks assigned to other teams and network partners.
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve faults across a pan European MPLS Infrastructure and a range of IP services according to product SLAs, up to 3rd Level Support.
- Knowledge or experience with interfacing into Optical and Ethernet-based Networks would be advantageous
- Participate in a 24/7 shift pattern
- Have full knowledge of customers bespoke networks and services
- Providing a professional interface to customers, acting as a Single Point of Contact for all their issues
- Build and maintain working relationships with key interconnect partners and vendors
- Manage and coordinate tasks assigned to other teams, such as Field Maintenance or Technical Assistance Centre
- Maintain a clear and accurate record of events throughout a fault duration utilising Colt’s Remedy based Fault Management System and provide regular updates as and when required
- Resolve or escalate faults as appropriate, according to product SLAs
- Identify, Plan and Implement solutions for re-occurring Problems on IP and Ethernet Networks.
- Technical report generation for customer RFO/RCA requests
- Technically manage software upgrades in co-ordination with vendor and Colt teams involved
Experience and Qualifications:
- Direct experience in Layer 3 Services and Technologies, including, but not limited to the following:
- Excellent understanding of IP Fundamentals and various Protocols, including OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, RIP and BGP
- Working experience with implementing, diagnosing and troubleshooting IP Access, MPLS and VPN solutions across a pan European network
- Understanding the provisioning and maintaining of IP, Ethernet and Optical services across Backbone Networks
- Excellent knowledge of LAN (Ethernet) based products
- Experience of UNIX based applications and troubleshooting tools such as Telnet, FTP, TFTP, Traceroute and preferably some scripting (Perl, Expect, shell).
- Experience of one or more of the following Network Management and Support systems: Netcool, SMARTS, CiscoWorks, InfoVista, TACACS, Vendor Specific Element Managers.
- Experience in working with global providers, NOC and Field operators for technical issues
- Able to demonstrate a high level of capability from a second level perspective in the Transmission product group.
- Experience of working within a team environment, with full responsibility for fault resolution. Including taking ownership, coordinating with internal and external teams and managing through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Excellent phone and communication (written and oral) skills, fluency in English language is mandatory
- Customer and service oriented
- Committed to providing quality service & results, ready to make a positive difference
- Proactive and stress resistant
- Ability to quickly learn technical information
- Ability to take decisions quickly and efficiently
- Team Spirit
Good to have:
- Exposure to Juniper equipment and technologies
- Formal IT qualification: CCNA, etc.
- Knowledge of SDH / PDH, WDM technologies and standards, diagnostics and troubleshooting is desirable
- Experience with ITIL