Implement, support, and manage Supplier Development needs and performance to enable superior supplier selection and continuous management process that guarantees flawless launches and the delivery of 0-defect and on-time components for series deliveries. Responsibilities can include leading APQP process as part of new product launches, the coordination of technical reviews, and the development of supplier capabilities to meet BW’s requirements. Responsibilities will also include conducting Supplier Quality training at the suppliers and driving performance improvements to meet established objectives.
- Implement the BorgWarner Supplier Development Process in the area of responsibility
- Support both local and global needs in screening suppliers, program launch requirements (APQP), and series delivery under the direction of the Global Supplier Development Director and as determined necessary by BU and RU requirements.
- Manage the development of supplier capabilities to meet BW requirements. Conducts periodic and special surveys of subcontractors’ facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of quality control and ability to comply with complete quality specifications. (including all levels of supply base).
- Coordinate technical reviews and assessments with suppliers when required. Review quality problems with engineering personnel and directs action required to correct defects at the supplier.
- Drive performance improvements to the established objectives at Suppliers. Develop and implement quality initiatives to improve cost, reduce PPM’s, CPM’s, and improve 8D response times.
- Analyze supplier and sub-supplier capacities and drive improvements when necessary to meet the needs of BW production requirements. Conduct Supplier Quality training at Suppliers
- Coordinate cross functional technical problem resolution at Supplier
- Scope of position will include a wide range of difficult problems
- Follows established procedures and best practices
- Review of work is based on technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy at predefined milestones
- Assist plants in the coordination and setting standards for sampling inspection, and testing of received parts, components, and materials to determine conformance to standards.
- Prepare periodic and special reports concerning supplier improvement activities, subcontractor’s quality system, schedules, and rejected items. Develop and maintain quality system expectations and communicate to supply base.
- Develop, update and control suppliers’ conformance to TS16949/QS9000 (procedures, work instructions, forms) as required.
- Visit potential new suppliers to assess their quality systems and visit problem suppliers to resolve quality issues and improve systems.
- Maintain and report summary status of suppliers with the supply base relative to delivery, capacity, capability, quality, and other criteria required to properly assess the ongoing capability of the supply base.
- Able to advise and recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Assure supplier adherence of the specifications for powertrain electronic products
- Supplier validation on the developed schematics for controller and control electronics together with mechanical design and software departments
- Work with engineering and suppliers on PCB layout development and EMC optimization
Align development tests between BW and supplier to prove functionality and define validation requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strong Interpersonal Skills. Position interacts with all levels of BorgWarner/Supplier Management. Self-Motivated/Directed. Person must require minimal management input to achieve objectives
- 5-7 plus years of experience in SCM, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, or related discipline.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 7 years+ work experience in an electronics environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt (required); Black Belt (preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing Background (preferred)
- C.Q.E. Certified Quality Engineer or national equivalent is a preferred certification.
- Experience working effectively in global teams, multiple cultures and languages.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Multi Linguistic a plus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. A good knowledge of SPC, statistics, and GD&T is required.
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and coworkers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.