Main Objective of the Role: Manage, plan and organize production operations, evaluate the quality of products. She or He is responsible for the incorporation of the company’s lean vision and values into daily activities and behaviours. She / He leads and participates in continuous improvement projects and contributes to the achievement of the company’s objectives, with respect for agreed budgets, through an effective management and aligned with the values and objectives of the company’s policies.
- Manages a production workshop of leather goods components from about 400 artisans and middle managers;
Ensures production targets in respect of quality, quantity, time optimizing costs;
- Implements a performance management to promote continued progress, the social climate and staff development;
- Completes the transformation of the workshop under the umbrella of lean manufacturing, global approach of other workshops;
- Contributes to the development of new products and new processes and ensures their timely launch in manufacturing as planned;
- Establishes a state of mind and security to ensure the cleanliness of the plant;
- As a member of the Leadership Team of the site, is proactive regarding improvement of all modes of operation of the site and not just those in manufacturing;
- This function in a context of strong growth, with ambitious targets for productivity gains, and accelerated launch and replacement products, requiring strong adaptability and responsiveness of the workshop.
- Leadership, determination, vision, discipline, organization, associated with simplicity, sense and desire to address the human need to combine knowledge and flexibility;
- Strong shop floor experience is important, as is management experience, the ability to work with other functional groups, and a commitment to continuous improvement;
- Strong Interpersonal skills & strong team player;
- Ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment;
- Personal effectiveness, translated into strong autonomy, sense of responsibility, and ability to solve problems, negotiation skills, flexibility, proactivity and initiative, communication, personal organization, discipline and rigor;
- Strong management and leadership skills. Should be motivator and a influencer;
- Fluent in English / French is a plus;
- Ethics, integrity and loyalty;
8 to 10 years of industrial experience in production functions (manufacturing methods, quality), with management responsibilities in an international company.
- University education in engineering or equivalent;
- MBA (ideally)
- Fluency in English (required, written and spoken)
- French (ideally)