At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday.
Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
In this position, as a MSL, you will engage medical / scientific experts in in-depth medical / scientific product or disease area discussions, and deliver presentations in a non-promotional scientific context as determined by global / local Medical Affairs plans (and in line with TA and brand strategy)
You will act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders, providing medical / scientific knowledge, training, and insight to support cross-functional colleagues on AZ’s marketed products and compounds in development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with Key External Experts (KEEs) using deep scientific expertise and knowledge of Immuno-Oncology marketed products/portfolio and compounds in development
- Liase with KEEs about new opportunities to complement existing flow of clinical data for AZ’s products in line with stakeholder needs, i.e., by identifying pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study opportunities
- Act as a field based subject matter expert for external clinical / scientific stakeholders by being up-to-date on disease state management, emerging therapies and clinical trial data
- Establish long term collaborative relationships with medical and scientific experts, consistent with the global / local Medical Affairs plans (and in line with the Immuno-Oncology and brand strategy)
- Discuss scientific content with multiple types of audiences, including at congresses, symposia, or one-to-one scientific meetings, tailoring depth and style of communication to the specific interests of the audience
- Contribute fully by sharing information and linking insights to support collaborative problem solving for and with the account, e.g., feed actionable opportunities back into Brand Teams
- Review scientific documents for content accuracy and compliance (e.g. internal scientific training content, newsletters)
- Complete all training requirements, including product examinations and certifications, successfully
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies, ensuring an understanding of the AZ Global MSL Guide, AZ Code of Conduct, External Interactions Policy and Standards, and Publications Policy along with relevant local industry codes of conduct
- Medically qualified (Desirable: MD or PhD in Oncology. Minimum: PhD´s degree or equivalent in Health Sciences), with relevant experience in/with Pharma Industry.
- Clinical Practice and/or Research Experience in Immuno-Oncology
- Scientific Knowledge (Peer) and strong Communication skills, skills to speak at any level with internal and external customers on the science, disease area and data (understand, interpret and communicate data in a compelling meaningful manner
- Solution oriented and partnership approach
- Internal/external collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (C1)
- Good ability to learn and to adapt to work with IT systems
- Medical Scientific Leadership
- Customer facing leadership
- Cross functional team leadership
Medical/ Scientific acumen
- Publication experience and/or research experience
- Understanding of research process and needs
- Clinical background or experience in Oncology
- Knowledge of Oncology patient flow/journey
- Ability to collaborate to deliver strong, localized Externally Sponsored Scientific Research (ESR) programme
- Ability to implement Early Partnership Programmes (key Med societies/Patient groups, heads of clinical departments)