ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The Packaging Shift Supervisor reports directly to the Packaging Manager and directly supervises the Packaging Staff. The position will also have daily contact with Production Planner, Empty Package Store Attendant, Finished Goods Warehouse Team and other Supervisory and Engineering Staff members.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that Safety, Hygiene, Environment, Quality and Food Defense are consistent with Sidul policies to achieve continuous improvement
- Develop and lead employees to a culture of accountability and continuous improvement, through KPI’s and review data and actions with the team.
- Ensure that all log sheets are properly filled with emphasis on the CCP and the H&S and Quality check lists.
- Monitor daily packaging operation with respect to overall efficiency, product requirement, and current established production schedule.
- Direct the daily activities of the packaging staff, communicating daily expectations according standard operations procedures and assist in troubleshooting production issues.
- Responsible for packaging materials availability.
- Tour Packaging and Production areas throughout the operating shift to assure proper use of available resources and to maximize production efficiencies.
- Guarantee good shift hand-overs and objective shift written reports
- Communicate operating conditions to the Packaging Manager to assure maximum operating efficiency.
- Develop and implement plans to improve substandard performance through Continuous Improvement.
- Conduct performance evaluation on a timely basis and establish performance goals.
- Engage operators to get ideas and help them to implement those within the scope of reducing waste, improve quality, safety and environment.
- Develop a good working climate by organizing the staff into a working team of motivated employees and being capable of resolve workplace conflicts to maintain cooperation.
- Define priorities to achieve best possible rating of customer service.
- Accountable for the production attainment.
- Manage training for their shifts.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer focused
- Effective co-ordination skills and leadership potential.
- Flexible, autonomous and team worker.
- Ability to work under pressure, dealing with complex situations and comply with tight dead-lines.
- Strong skills in training and developing people
- Physically able to walk, climb and perform physical work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Word) and SAP.
- Fluent in English.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Packaging Machine Maintenance and Operations
- Experience in managing aspects of Safety, Hygiene, Environment and Quality (IFS, ISO 9001 & HACCP).
- Experience supervising personnel
- Preference on Experience/Knowledge in Continuous Improvement tools.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Engineering: Mechanical (preferred), Industrial Management or Food,
- Candidates with high school (12º level completed) diploma may also be consider as long as experienced and track record of ability in mechanical engineering.