Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Managed Services (MS) is evolving into environments of major disruptions, creating a new space for service virtualization and innovation.
MS is facing 3 categories of disruption:
- Technology disruption:Telcos look for new types of service collaboration models across Telcos and vendors, they need to create a link between product R&D & Customers operations.
- Industry disruption: boundaries between telecom vendors, telecom operators, SW editors, and IT players, are blurring due to digitalization.
- Business model disruption: from a HW vendor with attached services to a service operator. Beyond product assets, the new wave of business Innovation is driven by co-creation with customers and suppliers.
- In Managed services, the vOPS team is supporting sales to meet emerging and accelerating demands for Virtualized networks operations. It also runs the future virtualized networks and builds IPRs to be leveraged in Global Service Delivery organization.
The Nuage technical specialist will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the Nuage-as-a-service platform which will consists in several Nuage Networks platform hosted in Datacenters in Europe and NA. (S)he will also be in charge of designing and dimensioning customer solutions and executing their effective onboarding onto the Nuage-as-a-service platform.
- Design, Dimension and implement production grade Nuage Network solutions in Datacenters in Europe and North America, the platform will cover both the SD-DC and SD-WAN functionalities
- Study and Address the specific impacts related to multi-tenancy
- Design (HLD,LLD) and Implement customer project, including integration with specific customers environment and onboarding of the customers onto the Nuage platform.
- Technical interface with Customers
- L2 Support of the platform, including upgrades.
- Control overall project cost
- Provide training to the NOC team to bring them up to speed, including designing and developing Best Practices, common tools, processes, and procedures for lower-tiered support staff
- Help develop procedures for high-availability of all services
- Work with partners to ensure proper service-level agreements ( Cloud Service providers, 3rdParty software providers).
- Design, develop, implement, and administrate monitoring systems and frameworks
- Participate in 247 On-call support for production systems on a rotational basis
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis, and provide high quality solutions to technical issues and service request (with adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP), as well as injecting own methodologies in resolving incidents)
- Conduct training to co-Engineers as appropriate
- 2 years operational experience on Nuage Newtorks Mandatory
- In depth knowledge of IP Routing
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and architecture with an emphasis on IP/MPLS Routing, SDN ( Software Defined Networking ), NFV( Network Functions Virtualization).
- Technical Knowledge and Hands on experience with Nuages networks VSP and VNS including the capability to install, configure and troubleshoot
- 2 years of experience with scripting or orchestration languages such as Python
- 2 years of experience with Linux in a virtualized environment, including VMware or Citrix, PowerShell, or UNIX scripting, and Openstack
- Possession of excellent technical, consulting, and presentation skills
- Has at least one or two of the following Linux/*NIX server administration skills and experience:
- Basic Linux server installation/deployment, linux security configuration management (e.g. iptables); or
- Basic Linux service config skills (e.g. apache/tomcat, lighthttpd, mySQL, postfix, etc.); or
- Linux user management (e.g. local user accounts, key-based authentication); or
- Analyzing/troubleshooting linux networking-related issues (e.g. using arp, netstat, trace route); or
- Basic Linux system log troubleshooting (e.g. system logs, maillogs)
- Has good ability in analyzing, troubleshooting, & resolving advanced network service connectivity issues (DNS, DHCP, firewall, etc). using basic tools e.g. ping/telnet/tracert/nslookup
Experience in using secured remote access tools (e.g. RDP, SSH/PuTTY) in managing Windows or Linux servers remotely
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Telecommunication or related field
- Customer-service oriented with good written/oral communication skill
- Autonomous and entrepreneurial spirit. Team spirit
- Must be willing to learn, upgrade technical skills, and co-operate as part of a team
- Fluent in English, French a plus.
- Experience with emerging Cloud environments. Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience as a creative Cloud computing SME, Cloud services design and development from the Cloud service provider, and the Cloud service consumer perspective s
- Knowledge of High performance Computing and Cloud Scalability
- Knowledge of OpenStack is a very strong plus.