Reporting to the Commercial Director.
The position is responsible to guarantee the achievement of sales growth at SPT Retail Pillar, all qualitative and quantitative targets with maximum profitability, in an increasingly changing and competitive environment, and ensuring alignment with our ambition and Vision 2020.
Manage, develop and motivate through excellent leadership a high performing sales team, so individual and team objectives are met. Responsible for all the processes and ways of working of the team to ensure a lean and efficient methodology.
- Responsible for the promotion and distribution of the POS ranges of product in stores at the geographical area considered (Portugal), through direct distribution, organizing the resources of the company in order to achieve the best introduction of the brand. KA management directly by the position few strategical accounts with huge impact in market place and in NSV target.
- Implement business strategies through the SPT Retail teamin order to negotiate annual sales terms with clients, the analysis of market and competition, control and follow up of merchandising policy, the definition of sales objectives for the team, analysis of results, etc…
- Manage the sales team under the SPT Retail strategies aligned with the vision and values of the organization which includes coaching the field, in order to motivate and promote high performance collaboration.
- Improve the organization physical availability, perfect execution, image and prescription rate in stores, in order to achieve our goal of Serve More Pets.Create and develop sales opportunities to increase the company income, with both existing and potential new clients.
- Manage the allocated budget for the region to meet the Company’s strategic and operational operating plans.
- Contribute to the development of the culture of continuous improvement within the team in order to meet performance targets, define and monitor kpi’s, including the implementation of a lean methodology.
- Ensure a high level of engagement in the team, being able to support all Company decisions and put the Principles in action.
- Higher (university) degree in Business Administration, Management or Marketing.
- 3+ years people management experience. Proven track record in development and engagement of associates and a team.
- 5+ years’ experience in field sales or Key Account.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- User level knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Position based in the core business area.
- Business travel is an important part of the job.
- Mars Leadership Capabilities (MLC) andSupporting Competencies
- Building Effective Teams
- Motivating Others
- Developing Direct reports and others