Have you been searching for an opportunity, working within a state of the art Software Development Center? Then this could be the job for you!
This is an exciting time for Farfetch as we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. We are looking for a Engineering Manager to join our team.
The Tech Team
- Our Tech/Engineering Team is at the core of what we do – we both support the running of our current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies to continuously support our company’s growth. Currently present in three different offices (Porto, Lisbon and London), the tech organization is the fastest growing team within Farfetch. Currently comprised of over 350 people, we are highly committed in turning the company into the leading global multi-channel platform. We are constantly looking for world-class people to take on challenging roles to help us to fulfil our potential – and you to fulfil yours.
- To be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team as a Manager in Engineering, reporting into the Engineering VP, being responsible for leading and developing an engineering team
- Manage the entire engineering team (multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds) of a Farfetch Branch Office towards excellence in engineering and product development delivery;
- Coordinate/Manage group of engineering managers in different areas, coaching them into assuring all corporate engineering principles are met;
- Work in close alignment with overall engineering management structure to suggest and/or implement engineering best practices in managed office and companywide ;
- Set a clear goal and development target structure for the Engineers within managed team and supports the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the Product and Architecture teams within the company to assure managed team is working towards the collaborative standards we set as a company;
- Work with the engineering managers in owned area towards delivery excellence for all product development work in the Web Platform area;
- Coordinate manage team towards empathizing with and understanding customer needs and use that knowledge to build a fast paced, test and learn oriented engineering culture within managed teams
- Collaborate in the Coordination of the hiring policies, training and development plan creations and assure their execution for engineers within managed team;
- Be a source for engineering innovation, being attuned to engineering best practices being followed outside of the company’s eco-system, being responsible for understanding them and presenting them internally to improve our engineering culture.
Keys skills and experience
- Degree in Information Systems or related field;
- 10 + years of proven experience in the IT engineering field;
- Previous consolidated experiences in managing large engineering teams towards product delivery in a complex and multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement;
- Proven solid experience in managing team towards delivering Front Office/ Web consumer products in large scale e-commerce players;
- Have the capability to act as a Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new organizational processes, team management methodologies, technologies and development processes within the managed team;
- Ability to easily build relationships with the different players of the organization, at different levels (from C-level to engineer);
- Excellent communication skills, both in Portuguese and English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines;
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- Past experience in Engineering Leadership roles in Large Scale Product Development organizations is a strong differentiating factor;
- Experience working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multi-cultural team is a Plus;
- Knowledge of the Scrum methodology is a Plus.