HEAD CHEF in PORTUGAL / QUINTA da LAGO
- Terra International is looking for a head chef for its 5 star property in Algarve, Portugal.
- We are looking for a chef who is keen on exploring new tastes, techniques as well as working methods a chef who is able to work together as part of a team creating new concepts together with the management. A chef who is happy to get his hands dirty and experiment.
- The successful Lady or Gentleman will come with at least 5 years of culinary experience in a 5 Star luxury hotel as a Head Chef. Must have a strong ability to manage the team, understand payroll and manage food costs and sanitation.
- English language is a “MUST”. Portuguese is a plus.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product are produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and employee cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing) as applicable.
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Specially Kitchen knowledge Hot, Cold Production, Open Buffet, Tenku Kitchen, Fine / Casual Dinning & Banquet Operation
- Good computer knowledge(word, excel, power-point)
- Organization skill, working under time restrains.
- Managerial, Organizational and Training skill.
- Excellent understanding of F&B cost control and labor figure.
- Work permit in Portugal
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language. Portuguese is a plus.