Located in Madrid, with an extensive and decentralized structure, performs life reinsurance business in the emerging markets of Latin America, and in the demanding markets of Spain and Portugal. For the underwriting services team in Madrid we are looking for a qualified and motivated medical underwriter. The Medical Underwriter collaborates in the execution of the risk assessment strategy in close connection with the overall strategy of Life Department and its business units, and in the active promotion of medical risk selection services.
- Work with the Head of Underwriting and support / advice colleagues in local offices about UW-Life Processes and assessment of facultative business.
- Self-assessment of risks in life insurance and riders (disability, accident, critical illness, LTC, etc.) based on medical, financial and non medical aspects (occupation, pastimes, residential, lifestyle)
- Contribution for assessment and approval of claims (life insurance and riders)
- Maintenance and improvement of internal risk assessment guidelines
- Maintenance and improvement of MIRA Spanish
- Active participation in development, structuring and implementation of projects related to traditional and automated underwriting (UW rules, rulebooks for point of sale and tele interview, testing cases).
- Active participation in RML (Risk Manager Life) User Group.
- Active participation in Core Team of underwriters of L1.4 (Iberia and Latin America)
- Active contribution in education and training about UW (presentations, documentation and training) for clients and internal staff.
- Revision of Spanish publications like flyers, MIRA Risk Review
- Contribution and participation in UW Surveys and Analysis of New Business Process
- Preparation of reports.
- Working experience as medical underwriter by a direct insurance company or by a reinsurer
- Analytical skills and ability in strategic thinking
- Fluent spoken and written business Spanish and English is required. Good knowledge of Portuguese or German will be appreciated
- University degree in Medicine is imperative.
- Availability to travel
- Flexibility in thinking and action, open-minded attitude, dynamism and willingness to learn
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
- High motivation, flexibility, analytical thinking, meticulous and systematic approach
- Experience in project work
- Team player
- Client orientation
- Good computer and computer skills (Life Risk Manager, MIRA, MS-Office)