Buyer (Far East)
Location: Lisbon, Portugal (possible relocation to Far East Asia)
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience
Candidates must speak fluent English and Chinese to be considered
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading global pharmaceutical organisation. My client are seeking a procurement professional to join their expanding team as part of their strategic development segment. This is an ideal opportunity to join a global organization where you will be given excellent training and development support with excellent career prospects.
Ideal candidates will have at least one year of procurement experience and should be educated to degree level. A chemical education background would be ideal but not essential. Any previous pharmaceutical experience would also be advantageous but again not essential.
The role will be global therefore you must be available to travel up to 40% of the time. You will need to be native mandarin speaker and have a good mix between western and Chinese cultures.
- Deploy purchasing strategies for the categories under management;
- Execute all the required operational activities related with procurement and management of materials and services required for the company, according with the defined policies;
- Manage suppliers’ relationship (operational level), establishing sustainable and reliable partnerships, according to the supplier segmentation established;
- Negotiate the best purchasing terms and conditions according to the Purchasing Policy of the Company;
- Liaise with other sites to ensure the right level of spend is captured and consolidated, and economies of scale attained, thereby leveraging the company’s global buying power;
- Perform regular market analysis and benchmarking to ensure the continuous improvement in both cost and quality;
- Enhance the level of service for new projects in terms of speed to market and cost;
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related / professional experience
- Willing to travel; Available to relocate and station in China
- Fluent in English and Chinese, knowledge of Portuguese is a plus
- Good knowledge of the Chinese pharmaceuticals market culture and ability to speak the market language (preferred)
- Pharmaceutical Sourcing and Procurement experience (preferred)
- GMP/HSE operational experience at pharmaceutical manufacturing organization (preferred)
- Preferably have certified auditing experience (e.g. ISO, ICHQ7)
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills, easily adapted to multi-cultural environments.
- Autonomy, dynamism, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure in simultaneous multi-projects
- Good organization, precision and responsibility
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Good sense of team work