ABOUT THE JOB
To secure effective information technology (IT) that supports IKEA business processes by maintaining, developing and supporting reliable, robust and efficient IT solutions. To be the local business partner responsible for IT issues and working as one seamless IT organisation with IT delivery and demand. To ensure retail technology solutions are delivered to high standards to meet the needs of customers and co-workers in order to enhance the whole IKEA shopping experience. Local IT contributes to the growth of IKEA retailers and improves the customer’s life at home.
YOUR TASKS INCLUDE
- Secure deliveries according to agreed goals, defined strategies and budget. Encourage a climate of teamwork, collaboration and togetherness across the organisation. Secure efficiency within the team through simple and cost-efficient ways of working.
- Responsible for the country IT business plan, budget and overall country IT investments.
- Ensure that working procedures and processes are aligned within the team, and secure that local IT policies and standards are compliant with corporate policies, standards, country laws and regulations.
- Monitor the development of IT technologies and system trends, and evaluate their possible business benefits for the local market.
- Responsible for IT security in close co-operation with risk management and information security.
- Manage relationships with IKEA IT, vendors, contractors, service providers and other stakeholders, such as country management.
- Identify and develop the many talents within the organisation to secure succession planning.
- Support the dialogue between business organisations and IT demand to ensure business needs are addressed in the right channels, and liaise between all stakeholders and the country IT team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of how to plan (strategically, tactically, operationally) in an efficient and cost-conscious way.
- Knowledge of how to work and lead in change processes at organisational, group and individual level.
- Knowledge of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA vision and business idea, IKEA culture, the IKEA HR Idea, the IKEA diamond and how to create business advantages the IKEA way.
- Knowledge of IKEA retailing, distribution, trading and IT organisations, including IKEA strategies, processes and working methods.
- Knowledge of software, hardware, IP networks and voice communications.
- Knowledge of IKEA applications, business processes and routines and their influence on IT in IKEA organisations.
- Knowledge of project management and co-ordination skills.
- Knowledge of managing suppliers.
- English language skills, both verbal and written..