Working at Microsoft
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the World.
Cloud Solution Architect – Partner at Microsoft
A Cloud Solution Architect for Partners (CSA-P) handles partner capability and capacity on Azure in collaboration with Azure Practice Development Managers (PDMs) and portfolio partners. The CSA for Cloud Infrastructure & Management is a technical, partner-facing role that is accountable for new practice development in both existing and recruit partners, working with them to build technical capability and capacity and partnering to deliver successful cloud and hybrid solution designs and infrastructure deployments.
You will be responsible for Azure technical partner engagement including: technical readiness, architectural design using an I/we/you approach, collaborating with portfolio partners on projects and/or Proofs of Concepts and unblocking through partner deployment blockers. The solutions that you develop with partners enhance repeatable customer value and partner profitability.
You will have experience in partner and/or customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior executives to drive cloud deployment. International mobility is required up to 60%
It’s your chance to:
- Engage in deep practice with a named list of up to 8 partners, Azure PDM portfolio aligned. You will be involved in quarterly portfolio review and updates
- Lead, through-partner deployment and utilization of Azure services by supporting partners in pre-sales technical efforts, POCs and reviewing designs/providing guidance in RFP/tender responses.
- Help partners develop their Cloud Infrastructure & Management practices on Azure, including delivering offers to the market based on professional services, managed services and/or IP. Relevant workloads include Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Modernization, Storage, Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Put Azure technical readiness plans in place for each portfolio partner (updated quarterly) for the Cloud and Infrastructure Management practice
- Engage and align with partner portfolio technical pre-sales resources (Azure P-TSPs)
- Contribute actively to the Azure Partner Readiness Catalog (APRC) which enables partners to more easily find Azure readiness material
- Establish deep relationships with key technical resources and executives within portfolio partners
- Bring 400 Level depth in Cloud and Infrastructure Management plus current on market trends and competitive insights
- Evangelize and support broad, online plus local readiness efforts to portfolio partners
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on partners getting Microsoft Azure Support and Cloud Platform Competency technical requirements
If you can bring:
- A deep understanding of cloud computing technologies (including open source), business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- A significant depth of experience in a number of the following Azure services: Batch, Linux & Windows Virtual Machines, RemoteApp, Storage, Backup, Site Recovery, Automation, Log Analytics, Security Center, Scheduler, Traffic Manager, Virtual Network, VPN Gateway
- Partner experience, with an understanding of partner business models plus demonstrated skill building deep relationships with executives and technical leads within customer or partner organizations
- The ability to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build profitable Azure/cloud businesses
- Experience leading partner technical communities
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
- Experience in removing technology blockers in a matrix organization and so enabling the partner’s business
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, handling various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- A highly desired Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background
- MBA optional
… we would love to hear from you
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future, and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to handle your schedule efficiently.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.