SONAE ARAUCO is a Group resulting from a strategic partnership between Sonae Indústria and Arauco.
This 50/50 partnership involves the European and South African wood based panels and related operations that were previously 100% owned by Sonae Indústria.
With a wide global presence, our nearly 3000 employees are located in 8 countries (Portugal, Spain, Germany, South Africa, UK, Switzerland, France and The Netherlands) divided between our 17 industrial facilities and commercial offices, being responsible for the production of an extensive products’ portfolio of wood based panels, chemicals and paper impregnation.
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes at the client’s side
- Provide insight and guidance for people development processes including performance management, annual reviews, training, coaching and mentoring
- Maintain general knowledge of all HR functions including: benefits, compensation, employee and relations
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Manages and maintains HRIS, including reporting, metrics and new projects
- Manages learning and development initiatives
- Is part of the project team for HR topics
- Degree/Master in Human Resources, Management, Sociology or Psychology
- Good knowledge in Recruitment & Selection, Onboarding, HR Development, Compensations & Benefits, Competence Management, Labor Legislation, etc.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in HR, preferably in HR Development and/or C&B
- Excellent communication skills
- Portuguese and English full proficiency (mandatory)
- IT and numeracy skills, with advanced level in IT tools (SAP HR, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Mastery of job descriptions and functional evaluation methodologies
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player