Looking for that next challenge? We are looking for a data savvy professional to join our tech team in Lisbon.
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for transforming large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights. Develop predictive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems through leveraging advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques. Develop and implement scalable and efficient modeling algorithms that can work with large-scale data in production systems. Collaborate with product management and engineering groups to develop new products and features. Utilize statistical, business intelligence, and data discovery tools to perform analyses and provide interpretation. Evangelize the use and best practices of using data science to tackle business problems to Product Development, as well as the rest of the organization such as Growth Hacking, Strategy, etc.
- You should have experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigour. In addition we are seeking;
- A Master, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.);
- Ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders;
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis and machine learning;
- Strong working knowledge of Perl, Python, and at least one statistics computing language such as R;
- Knowledge of large scale (big) data storage and querying frameworks (such as HADOOP and SQL) are a plus.
- Problem solver and comfortable working with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo);
- Strong results orientation;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and willing to provide hands-on assistance where needed.
- You will find an open, collaborative environment with a tier one team;
- A competitive full-time payment negotiable based on experience;
- Plenty of opportunity for growth, learn and development;
- Amazing office space with giant screen for games & premiers, indoor and outdoor lounge spaces, lots of internal and external events to network and socialize;
- A lab for DIY cool experiments.