Solvay Business Services (SBS) is the Solvay Group’s global service provider in Finance and Human resources End-to-End processes – alongside a highly qualified Information Services (IS) team of professionals.
SBS currently employs a team of about 1900 professionals worldwide, distributed in 90 sites and 30 countries. We are organized in a number of local-office satellites, coordinated by 4 regional offices of expertise (in Lyon, Cranbury, São Paulo, Singapore) providing global services from 3 integrated Service Centers in Lisbon, Curitiba and Bangkok. The SBS Lisbon Service Center currently employs about 350 employees, working in an international environment where the official language is English and providing services in several other languages through a fully-integrated SAP-based system.
- Within the domain of IS Infrastructure to conceptualize, propose, design, develop and implement IS infrastructure services and solutions that respond to the specifications of the business needs to be provided by GBUs, Functions or Process Managers, taking into account the technology and market evolution and respecting IS policies, in order to adequately respond to the customers’ expectations.
- To investigate and propose IS technologies and concepts, to analyze, recommend, develop and implement, within IS Infrastructure , IS solutions, to resolve new, unique or complex problems, to introduce innovations, taking a broad and medium-term perspective, and to provide advice and expertise on IS matters to SBS Management, and to customers and to (possibly) lead projects.
- To propose and design innovations and new technologies within IS Infrastructure.
- To propose and design IS Infrastructure services and solutions.
- To resolve new, unique or complex problems within IS Infrastructure.
- To provide advice and support within IS Infrastructure.
- To proactively propose services, solutions and technologies.
- Technical watch
Initial training : Education to degree level or equivalent
Technical skills and knowledges:
- High level of knowledge of IS Infrastructure technologies including
- Telecom: LAN, WAN, telephony, remote access, IP
- End user devices : Hardware / Software, Mobile devices , Packaging, Computer Imaging
- Authentication – Active Directory , Single Sign-on
- Application Servers , Hosting and Cloud services
- Basics of Project Management – To structure studies, solution design.
- Basics of Service design – To consider how technical solutions will be deployed and managed
- Professional experience required : At least 5 years working in Infrastructure
- Languages: English spoken and written + French spoken and written
Very developed communication skills to be able to explain technical matters to SBS Management or other IS team members or suppliers of technical solutions and be able to influence and argue the pros and cons of various solutions and get buy-in of preferred solution.
Results driven able to work very autonomously keeping the right direction even with a remote management
Leading initiative having a global vision (big picture).
Business travel requirement : Regular (once a month) travel in Europe and some international travel.