Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
As part of the Nokia Wireless Global Services / Delivery Excellence organization, the Global Delivery Readiness group is seeking an experienced engineer to support Delivery & Deployment Engineering (Installation, Commissioning, Integration, Upgrade).
This position will have responsibilities across several customers to support the overall readiness for Nokia Wireless deployments. Individual will support our GSD Business line as well as our Delivery teams primarily in EUR, MEA, LAT and APJ markets for the deployment of mobile networking products.
While the short term focus is set on Nokia 2G/3G/4G SRAN technology and products (RAN + OAM), the responsibility will extend to Cloud RAN and 5G in alignment with the product portfolio strategy.
- Working with product development teams to identify impacts of upcoming hardware & software features to new and ongoing field deployments,
- Documenting Operational handbooks and Methods of Procedures in compliance with GDR Methodology & Standards,
- Configuring and maintaining GDR lab needed to develop and validate deployment procedures & tools,
- Project Managing / Driving industrialization of operational processes and validation of automation systems prior to moving to production thru our Global Delivery Centers (GDCs)
- Following progress of (and supporting – as applicable) Pilot activities as part of the deployment cycle for new products & features,
- Developing training materials and delivering training on operational aspects (I&C, Integration, Upgrade, Troubleshooting) to enable readiness of Market Deployment. Such support may potentially call for a few on-site missions to deliver expertise support.
- Supervision of in-country GDR staff
- Engineering Degree;
- Experience working in lab and/or customer network deployment;
- Experience in trouble shooting network issues;
- Experience providing training and technical support to field technicians and engineers;
- Knowledge of Wireless Technologies, IP, Nokia products.
- Good Analytical skills: ability to lead technical analysis of new products & services in order to develop deployment procedures, innovative delivery tools, and knowledge transfer sessions;
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and work in a complex and changing environment;
- Leadership, Assertiveness;
- Strong interpersonal skills team player;
- Good written & verbal communication skills (English);
- French language would be a plus.