Who are we?
- We are part of Enterprise Services Global Domains and are dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Our mission is to drive customer success by making the market, championing and supporting consumption and providing full lifecycle support. As we transform our business to deliver on this mission we have a unique opportunity to enable our customers’ innovation and growth in a mobile first – cloud first world.
The Global Domains are aligned by technology to create agile delivery teams – Secure Infrastructure is the biggest of the five core technical domains that have been formed, we cover 20+ Products including Azure Infrastructure, Windows Server, Windows Client, System Centre, Hyper-V, VMM, Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure RMS, Devices & Application Management, Cyber, and Security & Identity.
The Premier Field Engineering (PFE) team provides technical support for Microsoft’s Premier customers worldwide through onsite and remote support services. PFEs act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management. Most of the work is proactive deliveries to Microsoft’s Premier customers.
What will you do?
You will use your Windows client skills to serve customers in Portugal and Western Europe by delivering proactive support in various Enterprise environments.
You will join a team of outstanding technology professionals who, as trusted advisors and subject matter experts, help Microsoft Premier Enterprise Customers – enabling them to make the most out of their technology and moving their business forward!
- Premier Field Engineers have a demonstrated competency in the Microsoft products we support. We work to stay current on new versions and related technologies.
- Lead risk and health assessments on customer environments, using toolsets and governance interviews to review customers’ product configuration and assess possible risks in their management and operations.
- Deliver customer training workshops demonstrating the application of product features to business needs and teaching core troubleshooting skills.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), CSS and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other’s goals.
- This position is targeted for both dedicated support roles and short term reactive support and proactive engagements where overnight travel is regular. Travel requirements vary regionally, expectation is around 50%-70%.
Who are you?
You are passionate about Microsoft technologies and have solid working knowledge of Microsoft platforms products Windows 2008/2012 Operating Systems as well as advanced Windows client skills to impact systems architectures and investigate system-wide technical problems. You also have experience with the evaluation, design, and upgrading of several technologies used to create, manage, update, monitor, and report on Windows desktop configurations.
- You love working with Enterprise customers and having face-to-face customer engagement.
- You are a confident communicator and are comfortable presenting. You can do this is both Portuguese and English.
- You have a good understanding of ITIL/Service Management.
- You have deep knowledge in client operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- You are familiar with Active Directory design, upgrade, and troubleshooting and Group Policies implementation.
- You have solid knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in Windows 2003/2008R2/2012 Server and Microsoft client products, Windows desktop Operating Systems, Windows server Operating Systems, Active Directory design and deployment, DNS, DHCP and other related areas.
- Ideally you have degree qualification and MCTS / MCITP qualifications.
What’s the deal?
- You can have a career that provides you with rich, multi-cultural, international experience partnering with peers and visiting customers across the world.
- You can make a difference for Microsoft’s customers with your passion for technology and innovation, supporting them to be more and achieve more.
- You will receive unrivalled training, superb career opportunities and the chance to work and influence the latest technologies.
- Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.