Have you been searching for an opportunity, working within a state of the art Software Development Center? Then this could be the job for you!
This is an exciting time for Farfetch as we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. We are looking for a Technology Programme Manager to join our team.
You will join the Project Management Office (PMO), a new team whose focus is to ensure the ongoing success of Farfetch’s strategic programmes and projects.
Based in Porto – Portugal and reporting to the Senior Manager of the PMO (who is based in London), you will have the opportunity to work autonomously with our Engineering and Product teams to evolve and scale a truly brilliant technology organisation.
In this role you will manage the delivery of projects that support our transformation into an unparalleled technology organisation, with a focus on supporting our VP of Engineering.
Project Delivery & Management:
- Manage stakeholder engagement to ensure all parties are aligned on the FTech Excellence strategy
- Coordinate project managers to ensure successful delivery of the programme, including effectively managing day-to-day activities and monitoring scope to ensure focus and cross functional alignment
- Build and maintain relevant project documents (charter, scope, project plans, status reporting, RACI, RAIDs, success metrics, etc) in accordance with Farfetch’s Project Management Framework throughout project lifecycle
- Champion the business needs of the programme and ensure the right level of resource dedication is provided to successfully implement projects that support the programme
- Host monthly programme steering meetings to report on status of the programme and leverage for issue/risk escalation and resolution. Present to steering group to aid decision making, prioritization and effective resourcing of project teams
- Support the VP of Engineering in the recruitment, staffing, training, and piloting of the re-organisation
- Benchmark key KPIs and monitor ongoing to ensure successful implementation of the re-organisation
- Set clear expectations for the steering committee and relevant project team members on programme management, execution, and monitoring
- Establish a programme plan and serve as an ambassador of the PMO in Portugal. Encourage project managers within the FTech Excellence programme (and beyond) to adhere to the PM Framework set forth by the PMO
- Collaborate with individual project managers to capture frequent status updates, mitigate key issues and risks, monitor dependencies and escalate to steering committee as needed
- Coordination of internal resources involved in project
- Collate status reports, KPI metrics, and RAIDs of projects within the programme to be included in the monthly Executive Dashboard
Keys skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering management, systems & information management, project & organisational managed or other related field
- 5+ Years work experience in management and/or IT Strategy consulting a plus
- Professional project management accreditation desirable
- Experience working in and managing technology teams
- Must have strong technical knowledge of the Agile SDLC and how technology teams are structured to ensure autonomous productivity
- Proven track record of successfully delivering and managing the implementation of organisational transformation programmes and projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines, identifying the necessary steps and moving forward through completion
- Strong change management skills and ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally, ability to communicate easily and effectively across stakeholders from team members to executive management
- A seriously can-do attitude, proactive in issue and risk resolution. Motivated to take the lead on structuring often ambiguous problems to enable creative, effective, and efficient solutions that help scale our business and support the overall goal of creating a world class technology organisation at Farfetch