Electrical Engineer to develop Applications Programs from electrically actuated valves, Specifically EGR valves and By-pass Valves.
- Creates, develops or adapts Product Design concepts for electrically actuated EGR valves or By-Pass valves based on internal standards, calculations, trial, measurements, bench tests, CAE simulations, process methods or inputs from customers.
- Responsible for analyzing and negotiating the technical requirements received from customer, and prepare & present a product proposal that will meet customer’s expectations refelected on the commonly agreed specification.
- Responsible to champion the Validation Plan definition throught the program development, establishing the interface with Customer with which will negociate and obtain the commom agreement.
- Responsible to champion the Validation Cost calculation.
- Define and reconcile with supplier the components technical requirements.
- Cordinates Prototype Production Cost Calculation.
- Coordinates the Planning and production of Prototype Samples.
- Creates and participates on the release of the Prototype Control Plan.
- Checks and releases 2D drawings and 3D models within the associated program or product under serial production, in accordance with theadequate program timing.
- Leads the DFMEA release and establishes the Product Special Characteristics definition.
- Creates or participates on Product Engineering Standards releases.
- Technically assists the production Plant within the scope of the products under serial production, for any required change due to product design correction, upgrade, or cost reduction.
- Scope of responsibility will include a wide range of difficult and complex problems, complemented with moderate decision making.
- Will require materials selection, standards or guidelines usage, electronic function analysis, hardware knowledge, and design for casted, machined or stamped components.
- Must be able to demonstrate internally and with customer a high degree of organization, method, accuracy, and good understanding of the product funstions and failure modes.
- Applies new analysis technologies as assigned.
- Considers and seeks out the impact or his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering (mandatory)
- 3 years of experience as Product Engineer in Automotive Industry, within the field of electronic components definition, development or validation (preferred)
- Geometrical Toleracing as per ISO 1101 (nice to have)
- EGR Systems knowledge (nice to have)
- APQP knowledge (nice to have)
- Languages knowledge:
- English fluent in spoken and writen fashion (mandatory)
- German or French fluent, in spoken and written fashion (nice to have- will be valued)
- SAP knowledge, user perspective (nice to have)
- MS Office knowledge (user perspective)
- Electronics (mandatory)
- Mechanics (nice to have)
- High level of Communication Skills
- Analytical mind set
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Timely decision making
- Priority Setting
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Ethics & Values
- Organizational agility