Product Owner with Sports betting knowledge and interest, and ideally with strong agile experience, is required to work with commercial, operational and technology teams to define business requirements and to act as single point of contact to delivery teams for requirements clarification, acceptance tests, prioritization and scheduling. With a passion for delivering to our customers, understanding business and system processes, an eye for detail and an ability to communicate solutions and schedules clearly, the successful candidate will be proud to manage and represent the team and will take personal accountability for delivering the desired business outcomes.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify market opportunities, plan and execute new product development from conceptual stages through the full product lifecycle, including determining return on investment, defining product requirements and product vision, and working with Technology to implement and iterate.
- Work with Business Development and Commercial teams to understand business drivers, help develop product strategy and business cases and contribute to the production of an overall product delivery roadmap that aims to excite and motivate our customers.
- Work with Product Delivery Leads to understand high level Epic requirements and to decompose these into packages of work for implementation within Scrum teams
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of Blip Exchange products to help refine and focus product direction.
- Seeking input from external and internal stakeholders and keeping abreast of industry and sector best practice.
- Requirements gathering and definition in discussion with the wider Product team, Commercial, Technology and Operational teams for all aspects of Product delivery across all relevant channels, including impacts to downstream systems and processes.
- Work with the User Experience department to produce detailed user journeys and designs for implementation to deliver product to customers on all channels
- Scrum Product Owner for technical deliverables; writing user stories, acceptance criteria, stocking, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and epic roadmaps, running show and tells and producing release communications and tracking benefits realization.
- Work with developers, architects, and operations staff to ensure their requirements are collated and prioritised alongside product requirements as the “single source of truth”.
- Single point of contact for clarification of requirements for Scrum teams, change management between sprint cycles and for conducting /signing off User Acceptance Testing.
- Overall owner (champion and advocate) of the products developed, keeping Product, Programme and Technology management (and other relevant stakeholders) well informed of the status of delivery and benefits realization.
- Assist in maintenance of relevant product /system/process documentation.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in product management or business analysis for a web business, throughout the entire product development and software delivery lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum agile delivery methods and a good understanding of the Product Owner role.
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification, the ability to balance tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer.
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience.
- Experience of working with Information Architects and designers to produce high quality UX artifacts as part of the product delivery process
- An understanding of software development an ability to work closely with Technology teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements.
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, planning and influencing skills.
- Self-driven, and ability to work at pace in a dynamic organization.
- Fluent in english.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Interest in the Sports and an understanding of sports betting desirable.
- Knowledge / experience of working on large consumer e-business / websites.
- Experience in creating business cases and advising on commercial decisions.