The purpose of this Solution Architect role is to create and deliver optimum solutions meeting the business needs. Engage throughout whole project lifecycle from understanding the business case and requirements to transition into BAU support. This is a key role for the delivery of projects within our client company. The Solution Architect role actively contributes to the wider architecture team working with Lead Architects and Enterprise Architects to deliver the Company enterprise architectural roadmap.
Solution Architect roles are expected to take on challenging projects, often spanning more than one application and/or technology and be very delivery focused.
- Interact with a range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders. This means the ability to change their style/approach is essential. Identifying what a particular stakeholder needs to know or is concerned about is critical to ensuring that projects address the major stakeholder concerns on an on-going basis.
- Take ownership of a Solution Design and communicate it to all members of a project team. Technical, architectural, functional and impact and risk elements of the design need to be conveyed to technical and non-technical members. Presenting options, risks, recommendations in a language and a way that shows understanding and technical leadership is essential.
- Interact with business domain experts and therefore must be comfortable acquiring and using business domain language and knowledge to convey concepts and recommendations.
- Engage with and assist technical teams in delivering the Solution. From understanding testing requirements to being involved with the development of solution using a variety of technologies such as Java (and/or Microsoft .NET) the Solution Architect is required to be able to engage and operate across a broad range of technologies including relational database systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server), integration platforms (e.g. webMethods), application containers, web servers and basic infrastructure such as networking (firewalls, protocols).
- Responsible for vendor engagement on a project. This means potentially, initial engagement, vendor selection, setting up delivery engagement, hand off to a project manager for statement of work, escalations etc.
- Understanding of Architectural Process; the function of an Architecture Review Board, how to demonstrate architecture principle alignment, implementation governance.
- Experience of service design (SOA, Microservices, ESB’s)
- Data Modelling; conceptual, logical and physical schema separation
- Object Oriented Design; use of UML or other suitable taxonomy to convey design.
- Software Development (Microsoft .NET and/or Java)
Please send your resume with the reference: SA_his