Your role will involve the support of the development and ongoing management of electronic products across Europe.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all externally purchased parts on Forward Model programmes to ensure they meet programme targets for Cost, Quality and Timing.
- Represent Purchasing on the Programme Team, working as an interface to the rest of the organisation.
- Liaise with Product Development to gain knowledge of products and concepts being developed by the Company and the supply base.
- Ensure sourcing is in line with Commodity Strategy and supplier launch performance is integrated into the supplier’s ratings.
- Understand Product Group strategies, platform design and how these can contribute towards programme and departmental objectives.
- Manage and deliver role as the main Production Purchase interface with Plant.
- Drive, Program Manage, Implement and Report savings primarily for resourcing, design/ usage.
- Drive Total Cost disciplines to focus on plant profitability
- Negotiate Production Sourcing as defined by Delegated Responsibility to meet local requirements.
- Support resolution of Supplier concerns affecting plant performance.
Candidate Profile / Requirements:
- Degree level qualification in Manufacturing or Engineering disciplines.
- Relevant experience in purchasing, commercial functions would be highly desirable.
- Proven knowledge of commodity strategies.
- Good knowledge of pricing/quotation structures.
- Value chain analysis experience.
- Strong proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- IT literate.
- Language skills: English is mandatory. Other languages skills would be desirable.
- Ideally you will possess an understanding of factory operations with a minimum of 3 years experience gained within a dynamic industry environment.